Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

stress relief watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    Oh yes and drink tea.
    EEP!
    No no no! Tea leeches B vitamins out of your body. Your adrenal glands need B vitamins to be able to function, if you're stressed enough to be feeling it, and you're like this long-term, I would cut way back on the tea or even stop drinking it entirely.
    (If you're wondering why you should care about your adrenal glands - they produce the stress hormone "cortisol" which keeps you going long-term, as well as adrenaline and noradrenaline which are essential to raise your blood pressure, breathing and heart rate for alertness. If your adrenal glands start to tire, you'll feel terrible - your immune system will be compromised, and you'll be tired 24/7. Been there done that got the polaroid - take care of yourself.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by historyhoney)
    If someone is really badly stressing you out and to stop yourself from liek punching a wall what would be your immidiate remedy
    Get out of the room before you do something you may regret?

ReputationRep:
    Lol- think dalai lama, then straight to the gym to take it out on the machines or a long run... but don't touch a volleyball ( seen some take their anger out on one and knocked somebody out with their service :eek: )

ReputationRep:
    I usually go for a smoke, or I go to my room and scream my ****ing lungs out, or go outside and run so fast for as long as i can, then im toot ierd to be Mad or anything... hehehehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KOH)
    I usually go for a smoke, or I go to my room and scream my ****ing lungs out, or go outside and run so fast for as long as i can, then im toot ierd to be Mad or anything... hehehehe
    Yeh i normally have a spliff if im really stressed and dont have anything i really need to do (that and the other thing you know what i mean

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cossack)
    Yeh i normally have a spliff if im really stressed and dont have anything i really need to do (that and the other thing you know what i mean
    I believe i do :rolleyes:
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    I don't even remember the last time I got really angry. Usually I just stand laughing at the person, make a comment about their lack of intelligence and saunter away satisfied.

I have hit people in the past which gets you no where and isn't very nice. Don't recommend it, breaking bone sounds horrible.

ReputationRep:
    Bake a cake - That always works for me and you get something nice to eat at the end.

MB

ReputationRep:
    well, I try to get along, but you know when your horribly stressed, and you cant shake it off, its very oppresive!!

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.