Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I was just wondering which accommodation is more worth the money - Glasney or The Sidings? Also, does anyone know which rooms are bigger? I see that The Sidings have a nicer communal area inside and just thought I'd ask for some opinions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessicaa23)
    Hey, I was just wondering which accommodation is more worth the money - Glasney or The Sidings? Also, does anyone know which rooms are bigger? I see that The Sidings have a nicer communal area inside and just thought I'd ask for some opinions
    Second year student here and I stayed at The Sidings. Defo worth the money

Glasney's standard rooms are a little bit bigger, but The Sidings is only 3/4 years old now I think while Glasney has been around far longer. I have friends who stayed at Glasney, and they often complained a lot about their shower's flooding, the shower curtain breaking, and just general issues with the bathroom. Whereas I never heard any complaints from The Sidings, plus they have glass doors in the showers. The Sidings offers far more of a community vibe, as there's not as many flats, and people are usually always outside chatting etc. The lady's who run the accommodation are incredibly lovely and friendly and offer you as much help as you need. Maintenance is really good and comes a lot quicker than Glasney does. The Sidings is also far more secure, considering it's closed off by a gate that only your key can open, whereas anyone can walk into Glasney. You're right about the communal area. Whenever my glasney friends came round they always complained about how they wished they had sofa's and a big tv like we did haha. That's all that I can think of from the top of my head but if you have any more questions I can defo help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Novascope)
    Second year student here and I stayed at The Sidings. Defo worth the money

Glasney's standard rooms are a little bit bigger, but The Sidings is only 3/4 years old now I think while Glasney has been around far longer. I have friends who stayed at Glasney, and they often complained a lot about their shower's flooding, the shower curtain breaking, and just general issues with the bathroom. Whereas I never heard any complaints from The Sidings, plus they have glass doors in the showers. The Sidings offers far more of a community vibe, as there's not as many flats, and people are usually always outside chatting etc. The lady's who run the accommodation are incredibly lovely and friendly and offer you as much help as you need. Maintenance is really good and comes a lot quicker than Glasney does. The Sidings is also far more secure, considering it's closed off by a gate that only your key can open, whereas anyone can walk into Glasney. You're right about the communal area. Whenever my glasney friends came round they always complained about how they wished they had sofa's and a big tv like we did haha. That's all that I can think of from the top of my head but if you have any more questions I can defo help
    On the website for accommodation it says that the sidings is mostly for Post-Grad and Quiet students? Is this true or are there lots of different types of students in the sidings?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonnyM97)
    On the website for accommodation it says that the sidings is mostly for Post-Grad and Quiet students? Is this true or are there lots of different types of students in the sidings?
    Recently I know there's been some changes in accommodation concerning who goes where. Like I know that they've made most accommodation for first years only, but for what I know the sidings is not for post grad alone. They do offer quiet flats, but the whole residents isn't just got post grad and quiet people from what I know. Maybe they may have changed it? Call them up to double check though

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.