Cambridge, UCL, LSE, Warwick, Bristol, Exeter
guest115
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by maoism123)
Cambridge, UCL, LSE, Warwick, Bristol, Exeter
Depends what you mean by hard, but in general: Warwick and Bristol are achievable with good as grades and a good personal statement. The rest there is much more competition per place.

LSE you will need excellent AS results, a very good personal statement - then a bit of luck as they don't do an admissions test and its hard to differentiate candidates.

UCL you will need very good AS results, a good personal statement and a good LNAT to have a chance. They do put a lot of emphasis on the lnat essay, so even if your as results arent the best you can still salvage an offer.

Cambridge, as you'd expect is difficult, then there's the interview to get through. I got rejected from cambridge for law for what I assume was interview performance.
InadequateJusticex
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by guest115)
Depends what you mean by hard, but in general: Warwick and Bristol are achievable with good as grades and a good personal statement. The rest there is much more competition per place.

LSE you will need excellent AS results, a very good personal statement - then a bit of luck as they don't do an admissions test and its hard to differentiate candidates.

UCL you will need very good AS results, a good personal statement and a good LNAT to have a chance. They do put a lot of emphasis on the lnat essay, so even if your as results arent the best you can still salvage an offer.

Cambridge, as you'd expect is difficult, then there's the interview to get through. I got rejected from cambridge for law for what I assume was interview performance.
You missed out Exeter...which I would say is easier (not easy) to get into compared to Warwick and Bristol. And you need to do the LNAT for Bristol.
guest115
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by InadequateJusticex)
You missed out Exeter...which I would say is easier (not easy) to get into compared to Warwick and Bristol. And you need to do the LNAT for Bristol.
Oh sorry about exeter. Yeah I know, but its not nearly competitive as the other few so your lnat score is less significant.
maoism123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago

Which unis did you apply for and got offers from?
guest115
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Which unis did you apply for and got offers from?
Rejected by cambridge, offers from lse, ucl, durham and york.
maoism123
Rep:
?
Fair enough! Could you give me some tips for application and what are you predicted, or have you already got your grades? Also, what did you get at GCSE?
guest115
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Fair enough! Could you give me some tips for application and what are you predicted, or have you already got your grades? Also, what did you get at GCSE?
Sure, I'll message you
maoism123
Rep:
?
Sure, I'll message you
Brilliant thank you!
jamessmith15
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
is lse a similar level to cambridge?
guest115
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jamessmith15)

In terms of competitiveness there are more applicants per place at LSE, but no interview or admissions test. So it is hard to compare and make a case for either as being more difficult to get into, though I would probably say cambridge have a larger pool of very capable candidates.
Confusedschubert
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

On LSE, they actually do do an admissions test! You're invited to sit for it if the admissions team thinks you're qualifications are odd or if there's the slightest bit of doubt in your application.
Confusedschubert
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Nah, it'll forever be Oxbridge > LSE/UCL > Rest
_Fergo
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Confusedschubert)
UCL is not as competitive as LSE. KCL and UCL are more comparable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Assan
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You better kill the LNAT is f you want UCL. Don't just prepare strategically, but schedule strategically as well. I took it after travelling (Tokyo-Beijing-London and back I think) then got zero sleep the night of - big mistake. Be smart, prepare, eat well, exercise, amd relax.

Exeter can't be hard if they let me in
guest115
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
On LSE, they actually do do an admissions test! You're invited to sit for it if the admissions team thinks you're qualifications are odd or if there's the slightest bit of doubt in your application.
Not if they're in doubt about your application, but you are right about a test if they are not familiar with your qualifications.
Confusedschubert
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Not if they're in doubt about your application, but you are right about a test if they are not familiar with your qualifications.
Was that really the case? I had quite a few friends who had to sit for the test and they did A levels!
guest115
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Was that really the case? I had quite a few friends who had to sit for the test and they did A levels!
Oh fair enough then, I had no idea that was never mentioned on any open day or email from them, my mistake.
jamessmith15
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
forgetting imperial
Nameless Ghoul
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
forgetting imperial
For law? OK.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (113)
17.82%
It's just nice to be back! (172)
27.13%
Not great so far... (227)
35.8%
I want to drop out! (122)
19.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed