Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm set to go to Uni this coming September, with an offer from QMUL to study accounting and management. I wanted to just ask other students currently in London at QM or the other Uni's about how student life is, and just how much more expensive it is compared to studying somewhere else in the country, for example Nottingham where I also have an offer from them. How much does the student loan cover, and do most get part time jobs to help cover expenses? Thanks 😊
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Spaceman26)
    I'm set to go to Uni this coming September, with an offer from QMUL to study accounting and management. I wanted to just ask other students currently in London at QM or the other Uni's about how student life is, and just how much more expensive it is compared to studying somewhere else in the country, for example Nottingham where I also have an offer from them. How much does the student loan cover, and do most get part time jobs to help cover expenses? Thanks 😊
    Hi

I've moved this to the Queen Mary University London forum where it will hopefully get some answers. If not have a look in any stickied/busy applicant chat threads and look at TSR Connect pages linked to at the top of the forum to find current students/applicants
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    (Original post by Spaceman26)
    Hi!
    I'm a current third year student, who moved to London in 2013. London is pretty expensive, but you get extra loan money if you're studying in London and that helps out a lot.
    Student life is great, London has everything you could ever want, all within one quick tube or bus ride. The bar on campus is also fairly fun and runs regular, mixed events.
    I've got a couple of part time jobs, and they also help out. The uni has a lot of jobs to offer, including working in one of the shops, cafes or bars, being a student ambassador or admin positions. These are the best ones to get as they a sympathetic to your studies and know you've got to put that first. Also Queen Mary pays all its staff the London Living Wage, which is very good.
    You'll get emailed about all these opportunities, but you can always check on them in advance on the website.
    Hope this helps,
    Sarah

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.