How hard do you think this year's exams will be? Watch

Poll: How difficult will this year's GCSEs be?
Very difficult (5)
19.23%
Reasonably difficult (14)
53.85%
Not too hard (4)
15.38%
Easy, because it's the last year for the old GCSEs (3)
11.54%
Jamie Vardy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Last year, the Edexcel Maths exam caught everyone by surprise, whereas exams for other subjects were easy, I mean very easy - did you hear about the AQA Chemistry Unit 1 paper? Now, there's speculation surrounding the difficulty of this summer's exams; have the boards produced difficult papers?

I say prepare for the worst, as last year's Year 11s were lucky in many subjects, including the Sciences - well, for AQA at least, anyway.

What do you think?
rosie.mn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I reckon they'll be harder than usual because of the new GCSEs coming next year, they'll probably make ours harder so that there's not a big difference in grades. I only predict this for core subjects though, RE will probably harder too just because of how high the edexcel grade boundaries are now.
Fractite
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
All of the subjects apart from English will become harder.
sulaimanali
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Probably mixed..I voted 'reasonably harder' because the exam boards (AQA especially) ... and Edexcel somewhat are unpredictable..

It's the last year for the spec so they're gunna throw everything in..whether its random or difficult...
ODES_PDES
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Easy peasy like every year
asad2001
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I reckon that it wont be to hard but the grade boundaries will be very high seeing as there going to do numbers instead of grades for maths and English. Last years aqa chemistry unit 1 people said were easy however the grade boundaries were high and I think it will be higher.
Plagioclase
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I've run the analysis and this year's exams will be precisely 3.55% harder than last year.
username2174765
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Plagioclase)
I've run the analysis and this year's exams will be precisely 3.55% harder than last year.
What is the analysis based upon?
TakingMyTimeOnMy
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Plagioclase)
Wow 👏🏽👏🏽
username2174765
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think they'll be a lot harder trying to make next years exams seem better by making our results look a lot worse
samb1234
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
As hard as you make them. If you do all the work you should, make notes, do practice papers etc etc then they'll be fine, but if you procrastinate and dont put in the effort than they will be very difficult, just the same as every year. Don't worry about whether the papers will be 'harder' or not, worry about the things you can control and if it is genuinely a harder paper the ums will reflect that anyway
Blancosdos
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I found the 2014 paper easy for everything(Science,Maths,DT,Engl ish etc) but 2012 hard and 2013 mildly easy.

2015 (geo,AQA science was easy.Maths was Decent and so was DT)

I'm hoping that they make it reasonable for us instead of making it hard just because it's the last spec
asad2001
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I agree because then they'll have an excuse to say that a new grading system and new gcse specifications are needed
(Original post by chrlhyms)
I think they'll be a lot harder trying to make next years exams seem better by making our results look a lot worse
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (68)
59.13%
Yes- I don't like it (6)
5.22%
No- I want it (34)
29.57%
No- I don't want it (7)