Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

missing 6th form? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    just been cleaning my room, tidying away all my 6th form stuff, clothes etc, chucking out various things....anyone else feel like they're going to miss 6th form? it's been really tough work-wise for me, but it's been the best 2 years of my life in every other way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    just been cleaning my room, tidying away all my 6th form stuff, clothes etc, chucking out various things....anyone else feel like they're going to miss 6th form? it's been really tough work-wise for me, but it's been the best 2 years of my life in every other way.
    Nope, I've still got another year to go!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    I won't miss it at all. I will miss the people though. I will meet up with them but we always had a laugh. A lot of my class mates are going away and will be back a week before uni begins and i wont get to see them until half term when i come home from uni. I can't wait for uni.

ReputationRep:
    I actually went to 6th form before college. I did not miss 6th form itself, only the friends that went with it. What I will miss is college. However, if for some reason I end up studying in London I can visit my college easily. For some reason my law lecturer said about keeping him informed of my progress so I guess it can be better if I do go to London, since he doesn't use computers for communication (his age lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    Nope, I've still got another year to go!
    make the most of it it's really been a wicked yr, i'm gonna miss it, but still really lookin 4ward to uni (if i get in)

ReputationRep:
    I think I will miss 6th form but then again I am looking forward to going to uni to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    I won't miss it at all. I will miss the people though. I will meet up with them but we always had a laugh. A lot of my class mates are going away and will be back a week before uni begins and i wont get to see them until half term when i come home from uni. I can't wait for uni.
    Half-terms are amazing - several members of the sixth form who left in the previous 2/3 years always come clubbing with the present sixth form at my school. They get to see each other, we (present lower VI) get to see them and everybody has a laugh! I'm sure that most people will link up like this over half-term, and if they don't, they should!

ReputationRep:
    erm............................. ...........no.

ReputationRep:
    Oh - and tell me you have a big holiday planned somewhere hot with at least 25 of your mates this summer - this is the tradition at my school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    Half-terms are amazing - several members of the sixth form who left in the previous 2/3 years always come clubbing with the present sixth form at my school. They get to see each other, we (present lower VI) get to see them and everybody has a laugh! I'm sure that most people will link up like this over half-term, and if they don't, they should!
    You should meet the group that i studied with. They are great. I have never laughed as much as i have done. I actually went to college over sixth form. I did sixth form for one year and then left for college and i am so glad i did. I've made sure that they will come visit me at uni and i will meet them at theres. Plus one on the group members can always get into the after show parties of the hottest starts at the mo. I know we will keep in contact tho.

ReputationRep:
    You should meet the group that i studied with. They are great. I have never laughed as much as i have done. I actually went to college over sixth form. I did sixth form for one year and then left for college and i am so glad i did. I've made sure that they will come visit me at uni and i will meet them at theres. Plus one on the group members can always get into the after show parties of the hottest starts at the mo. I know we will keep in contact tho.
    Yeh, that's great! Part of me wishes that I had gone to college, because I could have studied certain stuff which I can't at my school - and loads of my primary school friends (who I never see) and friends from outside school went to the same college. Virtually everybody I know at college say they are having a better time than at school, but I guess there must be a period when you don't know everybody and it must be a bit uncomfortable for a little while?

ReputationRep:
    i'm going to miss it so much, i have a really weird group of friends and there was a few of us who always went out together etc, but there were also people who i only spoke to in some lessons, like the girl i sat by in maths is also my gym buddy and we gossip so much and tell each other everything, but we don't have many friends in common and go round with different groups. oh and my 2 best friends actually hate each other... so it's goin to be difficult to get all my friends together and stay in contact with them all. i do miss it already though, but we will have a good summer.

i'm not holding out on everyone staying in touch. my high school had a 6th form, but i left and i said i'd stay in contact. but i went to a party last night and i felt like i hardly knew anyone (and didn't really want to know some of them, most of them were snotty to my bf jus cos he can come across as common + they all go to a posh school)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    but I guess there must be a period when you don't know everybody and it must be a bit uncomfortable for a little while?
    Thats why i stayed at my sixth form for my first year and did my A/S levels. But i couldnt stand the people and teachers any longer. They treated me like they did at GCSE :mad: . So i dropped all my A/S levels and went to college and did my HSC and also did evening courses. the people from both groups were so different and i loved it. I didn't know anyone when i first went there, but looking back i don't think this worried me. It's my last day at college tomorrow :eek: . I think we will all spend our day watching MTV base in the common room then go to pizza hut .

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, that's great! Part of me wishes that I had gone to college, because I could have studied certain stuff which I can't at my school - and loads of my primary school friends (who I never see) and friends from outside school went to the same college. Virtually everybody I know at college say they are having a better time than at school, but I guess there must be a period when you don't know everybody and it must be a bit uncomfortable for a little while?
    i never found that. i expected it cos of none of my friends came to college with me, but i found there was so many people in the same situation that you make friends easily. in some ways it's made me less worried about going to uni cos i know i can settle in easily with new people cos i did it 2 years ago.

my twin is like you, he stayed on at school and regrets it so much when he sees me having way more fun at college, getting more spare time etc

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    i never found that. i expected it cos of none of my friends came to college with me, but i found there was so many people in the same situation that you make friends easily. in some ways it's made me less worried about going to uni cos i know i can settle in easily with new people cos i did it 2 years ago.

my twin is like you, he stayed on at school and regrets it so much when he sees me having way more fun at college, getting more spare time etc

lou xxx
    I know what your saying. I had so much more fun at college then sixth form. I am so much more confident now then before college. I'm more then prepared for uni .

ReputationRep:
    Thats why i stayed at my sixth form for my first year and did my A/S levels. But i couldnt stand the people and teachers any longer. They treated me like they did at GCSE :mad: . So i dropped all my A/S levels and went to college and did my HSC and also did evening courses. the people from both groups were so different and i loved it. I didn't know anyone when i first went there, but looking back i don't think this worried me. It's my last day at college tomorrow :eek: . I think we will all spend our day watching MTV base in the common room then go to pizza hut .
    Yeh, my school is like that totally - they treat us just like the rest of the school mainly, especially people that the teachers dislike. I find myself having to dodge certain teachers and stuff, it's annoying, because it shouldn't be this way. An example - it comes to about a month before the exams, they lock away the TV (which still hasn't appeared) and stereo, take the balls from the pool tables, lock up the vending machines, lol and shut the sixth form block in the afternoon. All this is meant to get people to study, I mean wtf?
    It's annoying as well, the teachers have Sky in their common room, but we don't have it! Not fair at all.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, my school is like that totally - they treat us just like the rest of the school mainly, especially people that the teachers dislike. I find myself having to dodge certain teachers and stuff, it's annoying, because it shouldn't be this way. An example - it comes to about a month before the exams, they lock away the TV (which still hasn't appeared) and stereo, take the balls from the pool tables, lock up the vending machines, lol and shut the sixth form block in the afternoon. All this is meant to get people to study, I mean wtf?
    It's annoying as well, the teachers have Sky in their common room, but we don't have it! Not fair at all.
    Have you just completed you A/S levels?

ReputationRep:
    i miss loads 6th form was the best!

ReputationRep:
    Thats why i stayed at my sixth form for my first year and did my A/S levels. But i couldnt stand the people and teachers any longer. They treated me like they did at GCSE :mad:.
    My sixth form is very different. I went to the lower school and the sixth form and there is a very clear difference in the way that they treat us. The teachers talked to as a lot more like we are adults an with more respect. Add free periods to that and I LOVED MY SIXTH FORM.

ReputationRep:
    Have you just completed you A/S levels?
    Yep, finished them on Monday 14th, our school makes us report back in the next day (a week earlier than every other school/college in the area). :mad:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.