Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Currently in the office and have a 2 hour driving lesson directly afterwards. I am on 3.5 hours of sleep, so I need some kind of stimulant to actually make use of my lesson.

I hate hot coffee, so would ideally get the redbull or a chilled coffee (if we even have those here).

Does red bull give the same effect as coffee or does coffee last longer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oilfreak1)
    Currently in the office and have a 2 hour driving lesson directly afterwards. I am on 3.5 hours of sleep, so I need some kind of stimulant to actually make use of my lesson.

I hate hot coffee, so would ideally get the redbull or a chilled coffee (if we even have those here).

Red bull has 4 times the caffeine than a typical cup of coffee. In addition, it contains ginseng and taurine, other active ingredients that give the energy rush.Purely from a chemical perspective, red bull is a better stimulant. However for me, iced coffee keeps me awake better than red bull does, so it varies per person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oilfreak1)

tea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefatone)
    tea
    I love :love: tea!

I love the taste of redbull

ReputationRep:
    Red Bull lasts longer.

If you go for coffee make sure it's not milky.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like coffee either, I prefer tea. But in order to try and stay up I would deffo go for red bull rather than child coffee/tea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ribenas)
    Red bull has 4 times the caffeine than a typical cup of coffee. In addition, it contains ginseng and taurine, other active ingredients that give the energy rush.Purely from a chemical perspective, red bull is a better stimulant. However for me, iced coffee keeps me awake better than red bull does, so it varies per person.
    Yeah Redbulls defo a better stimulant but I crash alot harder after it lol considering its only a 2 hour window though idk. Iced coffee would definitely take priority over both if i can get it.

(Original post by thefatone)
    tea
    When I couldn't sleep at like 4am during uni i'd go out for tea with a fellow insomniac, tea puts me to sleep lol.

ReputationRep:
    Had me an iced coffee - crisis averted

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.