Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Who's gona win wimbledon?? I think andy roddick.

ReputationRep:
    Roger Federer

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guest1984)
    Roger Federer

:rolleyes:

Ivo Karlovic could be a problem for Federer tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    TIM HENMAN!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    TIM HENMAN!
    don't be silly, his serve isn't good enough. i think he'll struggle against phillapousis (sp). i think probably federer, but roddick might have a chance (and he is very attractive).

serena will almost certainly win the womens.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    don't be silly,
    I prefer to call it supportive and patriotic!

ReputationRep:
    Roddick has to win with the looks but apart from that is a bloody good player. I too can not see tim getting past next match. Although would be good as he is british!! But its roddick or hewitt for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    I prefer to call it supportive and patriotic!
    lol, but it happens every year. why would this year be any different? this is the 10th year in a row he has got to the 2nd week. yes he's very consistent, but never quite good enough to get to the final and i really don't think he's playing that well. he was losing silly points today and was lucky to get the first set.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    lol, but it happens every year. why would this year be any different? this is the 10th year in a row he has got to the 2nd week. yes he's very consistent, but never quite good enough to get to the final and i really don't think he's playing that well. he was losing silly points today and was lucky to get the first set.

lou xxx
    I didn't watch today because I was at work. I really hope he wins, now that England are out of Euro, Tim is our only hope! You never know, it might happen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    I didn't watch today because I was at work. I really hope he wins, now that England are out of Euro, Tim is our only hope! You never know, it might happen
    Would be nice, but could you see him possibly even taking a set off the likes of Federer?

He would do extremely well to win tomorrow against last year's finalist in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    It could happen but quite unlikely on todays performance!! But nevertheless lets support old tim anyway

ReputationRep:
    I'm going Wimbeldon on Thursday but i'm a bit afraid about the rain washing out play has anyone from her been this year? if so has the rain ruined it? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kuz)
    I'm going Wimbeldon on Thursday but i'm a bit afraid about the rain washing out play has anyone from her been this year? if so has the rain ruined it? :confused:
    Afraid i havnt been this year or ever!! and would love the chance. I hope you dont mind me asking but how did u get ur tickets?? Are u a member of a tennis club or sumat?? Ive heard you can go in a ballot for tickets or sumat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charliefarley)
    Afraid i havnt been this year or ever!! and would love the chance. I hope you dont mind me asking but how did u get ur tickets?? Are u a member of a tennis club or sumat?? Ive heard you can go in a ballot for tickets or sumat.
    Yeah my friend is a memeber of the lawn tennis association (he plays tennis for the town) and he gets put into a raffle of sorts every year and they pull out to see if you've won tickets, and he won tickets this (he did last year as well) and asked if i would like to come along...of course I jumped at the chance

ReputationRep:
    Tim's not got too bad a record against the top players. I think he has beaten Roddick and maybe Frederer a few times, but struggles against Hewitt or somehing. He struggles against one of the 3 anyhow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Tim's not got too bad a record against the top players. I think he has beaten Roddick and maybe Frederer a few times, but struggles against Hewitt or somehing. He struggles against one of the 3 anyhow.
    but that's when he's at his best. federer and roddick are both really good at the mo (federer's not dropped a set yet) and tim really isn't looking that great at the mo.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    Tim has beaten Federer twice this year I think. But also lost to him once. It's Hewitt who is Tim's bogey man. Tim has never beaten him.

ReputationRep:
    don't be silly, his serve isn't good enough. i think he'll struggle against phillapousis (sp). i think probably federer, but roddick might have a chance (and he is very attractive).

serena will almost certainly win the womens.

lou xxx
    See, I told u he would win!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    See, I told u he would win!
    lol, and you were right. but he upped his standard of play an awful lot, he wouldn't have won if he'd played like he did yesterday

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Henman struggles immensely against all 3 - He beat Federer once years ago when he was a youngster, but there is a massive gulf in class now.

His head to head record against the 3 is pretty poor, I'm sure.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 28, 2004
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.