Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    There's a summer job I found in my area which looks appealing, however, I've got AS exams coming up in early May of which there are 4 of them. ATM I'm serious that I am restarting the first year of college (and restarting in September) meaning once those exams are done I won't have to go back to sixth form, so there will be a 3 month period of not doing much (i doubt we're going on a family holiday this year etc)

I'm only concerned, because if I did apply and was successful I'm worried it would affect me around my exam period and upcoming revision. On the other hand I still want to do ok in AS as they are very soft subjects I've picked. sigh. I'm also concerned that it is a 20 hour per week job - and I've already got a well paying paper round (i get up @ around 6pm).

I was also wondering how many hours per week can a 16 year old work alongside sixth form / college? thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bizzy_penguin)
    There's a summer job I found in my area which looks appealing, however, I've got AS exams coming up in early May of which there are 4 of them. ATM I'm serious that I am restarting the first year of college (and restarting in September) meaning once those exams are done I won't have to go back to sixth form, so there will be a 3 month period of not doing much (i doubt we're going on a family holiday this year etc)

I'm only concerned, because if I did apply and was successful I'm worried it would affect me around my exam period and upcoming revision. On the other hand I still want to do ok in AS as they are very soft subjects I've picked. sigh. I'm also concerned that it is a 20 hour per week job - and I've already got a well paying paper round (i get up @ around 6pm).

I was also wondering how many hours per week can a 16 year old work alongside sixth form / college? thank you!
    If your exams are in early may, then by the time you have applied, had an interview and hopefully get the job, it will be exam period anyway. Id imagine you wont start immediately if you get offered the job, id imagine they would let you wait a couple of weeks if need be (with most normal jobs, people have to work notice at old jobs anyway).
    So id say go for it.
    20 hours a week shouldnt be too bad during holidays.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.