Is it worth applying for the job? Watch

Chronoscope
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
There's a summer job I found in my area which looks appealing, however, I've got AS exams coming up in early May of which there are 4 of them. ATM I'm serious that I am restarting the first year of college (and restarting in September) meaning once those exams are done I won't have to go back to sixth form, so there will be a 3 month period of not doing much (i doubt we're going on a family holiday this year etc)

I'm only concerned, because if I did apply and was successful I'm worried it would affect me around my exam period and upcoming revision. On the other hand I still want to do ok in AS as they are very soft subjects I've picked. sigh. I'm also concerned that it is a 20 hour per week job - and I've already got a well paying paper round (i get up @ around 6pm).

I was also wondering how many hours per week can a 16 year old work alongside sixth form / college? thank you!
Emma:-)
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by bizzy_penguin)
There's a summer job I found in my area which looks appealing, however, I've got AS exams coming up in early May of which there are 4 of them. ATM I'm serious that I am restarting the first year of college (and restarting in September) meaning once those exams are done I won't have to go back to sixth form, so there will be a 3 month period of not doing much (i doubt we're going on a family holiday this year etc)

I'm only concerned, because if I did apply and was successful I'm worried it would affect me around my exam period and upcoming revision. On the other hand I still want to do ok in AS as they are very soft subjects I've picked. sigh. I'm also concerned that it is a 20 hour per week job - and I've already got a well paying paper round (i get up @ around 6pm).

I was also wondering how many hours per week can a 16 year old work alongside sixth form / college? thank you!
If your exams are in early may, then by the time you have applied, had an interview and hopefully get the job, it will be exam period anyway. Id imagine you wont start immediately if you get offered the job, id imagine they would let you wait a couple of weeks if need be (with most normal jobs, people have to work notice at old jobs anyway).
So id say go for it.
20 hours a week shouldnt be too bad during holidays.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (108)
19.78%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (222)
40.66%
Nope, not that interesting (216)
39.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed