The Student Room Group

Tinder

Hopefully we're allowed to talk about this. What are your experiences of using this app? Tell me more about it please? x
The act of just opening up the app and swiping has become quite addictive. Whenever I'm bored, or waiting for something etc I'll go on it. However I don't use it for sexual purposes like most people believe. I've had lovely dates from it and even started seeing someone a year or so ago. Never come across with creeps. I make it known from the beginning I'm not looking for sex, and they usually tell me what they're looking for too. So I've had pretty decent experiences :smile:
It's pretty good ngl.

Obviously there will be slightly strange people out there, but generally speaking the people on there aren't that bad. Most of the creeps long since moved over to easier pastures (eg TLS).

People often don't talk back though. This really annoys me, but there we go...
Don't you worry about danger when meeting strangers? It'd be nice to get to know someone online but meeting is a whole new story, a scary one at that x

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have had 3 tinder matches, that were all inactive.
I was talking to a guy that I'd matched with off tinder and we've been dating for a couple of months now. He's really nice! I met up with him in public during the day so that if he tried anything on there were a lot of people around so I felt pretty safe :smile: Although there are some creepy guys on there, stay safe!
Very few matches, most were bots. The handful that were human either never responded, or we completely incapable of having a decent conversation.

I met one, ONE, girl on there who would talk to me about anything and everything. Literally, she would send me like four paragraphs of text. We met up for coffee and spoke for like two hours, and after that thanked me for a lovely afternoon. Never heard from her again. I have since bumped into her twice at clubs, once where I spoke to her and the second time I brushed her away. Time waster. At least be honest if you're not interested.

For me, it's a waste of time. Some of my other friends tend to have success on there though. If you're good-looking and have a decent bio, you should be good to go! :smile:
Reply 7
I have a topless picture of myself on there so get quite a lot of matches , (Just checked and I am on 92). I do talk to quite a few on there and have exchanged numbers etc and various pictures (got a bet with my mates who can get the most nudes) . I don't intend to meet anyone until I have trouble doing so on a night out.
(edited 8 years ago)
My experience.... Hmm had about 4 matches, I lasted about a week on there. I realised most guys swipe for the sake of it. I dated one guy on there and it didn't work out. I came across so many people I know (awkward). Never again.

I think it's hit and miss like every other dating website. I met my ex on POF, I've come across 1 or 2 nice guys on OkCupid. I downloaded another app called happn, there's been a few decent guys on there. I like the fact the app is newish and there aren't many people on it, so it's quite refreshing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending