The Student Room Group

The Arab Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Saeed9711
Is it true what i heard about pakistani parents that they are as backwards as us arabs and wont let you marry outside your own race?

Lol yes its true. Our culture is very strong and is based on this very common thing: "what would people think" (honour and image in the community) (very bitchy)
Original post by Al-farhan
What is that?

It's an Arabic TV channel for kids
Original post by FluffyCherry
I did enjjoy watching MBC 3 back then but Spacetoon was a lot better!

i swear your Somali

Spoiler

Original post by noey123
i swear your Somali

Spoiler

How on earth did you know that? :zomg:
Shouldn't this thread be in international lounge?
How on earth did you know that? :zomg:

i just know lool. Or let me just say it's a gift i was born with :u:
Original post by samina_ay
Lol yes its true. Our culture is very strong and is based on this very common thing: "what would people think" (honour and image in the community) (very bitchy)

Is it true what i heard about pakistani parents that they are as backwards as us arabs and wont let you marry outside your own race?

Nah fam. South Asians are way stricter than Arabs.

I'm okay to marry any other Arab or even outside of my race! Even Jewish/Christian.

Maybe gulf arabs.
Original post by samina_ay

its very sad tbh. and it;s not just the Arabs like that. Somalis Pakistanis, Indians etc. obviously not all of them but you get the point. i think our generation are much more accepting than our elders lool
Original post by noey123
i just know lool. Or let me just say it's a gift i was born with :u:

Naah, come on!! Did you go through my profile or something?:tongue:
Naah, come on!! Did you go through my profile or something?:tongue:

nahhh fam i didn't go through your profile lool. basically i remember having a chat with you on one of my threads. i don't remember which one but i remember seeing your name. i think i posted as anon i dunno lool
Why not?
Lets just say there's a far greater chance of an arab guy marrying a pakistani girl than there is for a pakistani guy to marry an arab girl. And even then the chances of the former happening are slim, i know my parents would never allow it.
I dont want 2 get married within my race!!!!!!

I want to get married 2 an Arab Girl God willing ! but then again im told by people arab women dont marry Pakistanis . Even though im frm the UK my thinking is completely different from Pakistanis etc.

Pakistanis born in UK are much different than those Pakistanis who are born in Pakistan.

Out all the arab countries which are the most likely to marry outside their race im talking about women here?
Original post by noey123
nahhh fam i didn't go through your profile lool. basically i remember having a chat with you on one of my threads. i don't remember which one but i remember seeing your name. i think i posted as anon i dunno lool

I don't remember that but I see!! :h:
Original post by muzi123

why not

+ there will be arab girls that will like you, just don't tell them you've been begging for it on arab soc.
Original post by Ribbit1234
Why not?

Why not what?
Original post by muzi123

I want to get married 2 an Arab Girl God willing ! but then again im told by people arab women dont marry Pakistanis . Even though im frm the UK my thinking is completely different from Pakistanis etc.

Pakistanis born in UK are much different than those Pakistanis who are born in Pakistan.

Out all the arab countries which are the most likely to marry outside their race im talking about women here?

Its pretty balanced id say. It will be difficult i wont lie to you. I know quite a few arab guys, (my cousin for example who got married to an indian girl last summer) who have married interracially but i know of no arab girls who have done so. But keep praying and in sha Allah you get the girl you always wanted.
So is u lol.
:laugh:

Spoiler

Why's it difficult for an Arab to marry a Pakistani, are u Syrian?
Original post by Saeed9712
Why not what?

Its pretty balanced id say. It will be difficult i wont lie to you. I know quite a few arab guys, (my cousin for example who got married to an indian girl last summer) who have married interracially but i know of no arab girls who have done so. But keep praying and in sha Allah you get the girl you always wanted.

Parents.

And no im south yemeni.

ohhhh its very difficult for a non-arab to marry an Arab, particularly pakistanis/indians as a reference just look at the Khaleej and how they're treated their, that is NOT good PR to begin with. Secondly if you are black, laaaa habibi masalaamah, no way, mustaheel, impossible, unfortunately Arabs, are still wholly influence by culture, and it just so happens that this very culture is somewhat racist, hence the casual referencing of black people as 'abeed' - slaves, so in short, its veryyy difficult buddy, I think 2nd/3rd generation Arab families that have grown up and lived in the West for the majority of their lives will be 'aight with it as ultimately you are a product of your surroundings.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending