Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What does this mean from her - do I have no chance at all now?? Watch

So met with a girl had a good time albeit low-key coffee for about 3 hours.

On and off messaging which started ok and tried to see if we could meetup again.

Got a message which said that if we could remain friends for now. She mentioned that she needs to take a step back as theres a lot of stuff going on with her work, family and university. She said this could change but for now if we could remain as friends..

So is this basically a way of telling me to get lost? It feels like a friend-zone and that there is nothing there. What do I do? I am going to leave it with her as it feels like this isn't worth pursuing....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So met with a girl had a good time albeit low-key coffee for about 3 hours.

On and off messaging which started ok and tried to see if we could meetup again.

Got a message which said that if we could remain friends for now. She mentioned that she needs to take a step back as theres a lot of stuff going on with her work, family and university. She said this could change but for now if we could remain as friends..

So is this basically a way of telling me to get lost? It feels like a friend-zone and that there is nothing there. What do I do? I am going to leave it with her as it feels like this isn't worth pursuing....
    She sounds like she doesn't want to commit to a relationship at the moment but she said this could change which may mean she is interested.

Do I stay in touch or do I break it off completely? It's really ambiguous when she says 'things might change' and the way it came was really sudden following a period of no messages (after I sent a hey what's up message).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Do I stay in touch or do I break it off completely? It's really ambiguous when she says 'things might change' and the way it came was really sudden following a period of no messages (after I sent a hey what's up message).
    She wouldn't say that things might change if she wasn't interested at all. I think it means 'not right now'. Maybe you should give it some time and ask her out again after two month or so?

ReputationRep:
    why do people on TSR use 'albeit'? Like stfu use that posh ass language somewhere else

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a **** way of saying she isn't interested.

A lot of people won't come clean and say it so just make up some nonsense about "Needing a step back and maybe in the future..." and then next week you'll see her on a date with someone else. It is a really cowardly way of dealing with that situation which actually leaves the other person in limbo a lot of the time. If I was you I'd play it off and just look to meet with someone else.

Maybe I am wrong.
    More likely I'm right.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 5, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.