Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i was just wondering if anyone could give me a definite answer as i am getting different answers from different people. i got a B at History AS (one raw mark off an A) but didn't resit due to the pressure it would put me under just to bump it up one mark. i was wondering if there is anyway that i can get an A* this year or whether that is physically impossible? thank you
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by ellawhite4686)
    i was just wondering if anyone could give me a definite answer as i am getting different answers from different people. i got a B at History AS (one raw mark off an A) but didn't resit due to the pressure it would put me under just to bump it up one mark. i was wondering if there is anyway that i can get an A* this year or whether that is physically impossible? thank you
    Yes it is possible, you will simply need to achieve 90% UMS marks in your A2 modules.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    Yes it is possible, you will simply need to achieve 90% UMS marks in your A2 modules.
    No, this isn't true. For an A* in AQA History, you need an A from AS and 90% from A2. So even if you had a B in AS and got over 90% overall, you wouldn't have an A*.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf AQA-2040-W-SP-14.PDF (617.3 KB, 53 views)
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by angeldust1)
    No, this isn't true. For an A* in AQA History, you need an A from AS and 90% from A2. So even if you had a B in AS and got over 90% overall, you wouldn't have an A*.
    Hi,

Please see section 5.7 of the specification:

"To be awarded an A*, candidates will need to
    achieve a grade A on the full A Level qualification and
    an A* on the aggregate of the A2 units"

Alternatively, see AQA's guidance here:

"1 have enough uniform marks (UMS) in total to gain grade A
    2 achieve 90% or more on the uniform marks subtotal of their A2 units"

If you need me to explain this to you any further please feel free to ask.

All the best.

ReputationRep:
    History is reformed, your AS mark has no significance!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.