Entertainment Technology Cancelled! What to do? Watch

RyanFenderr
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So I applied for the Entertainment Technology course, and got an offer, however a few days ago I got an e-mail saying that the course was canceled, and that I have an offer for Media Studies and Entertainment Technology. However i'm not too sure about the Media Studies aspect, and have no idea on what to do next??

I originally applied for Digital Media, however after meeting a course leader, I found that Entertainment Technology was a better fit for me, and it was by a mile!! however now that the course has been canceled I don't know what to do, if anyone else is in the same situation can they please say that they are doing and why??

Thanks guys
ninelivesofkat
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey there!

I study media studies and entertainment technology (going into my 3rd year). It is A LOT more theory based than practical. However, your 1st year will be slightly more practical based than theory. In honesty, I chose the course because I wanted to do more practical related things with a hint of theory, however now, I have found that the 60% theory to 40% practical ratio is better for me and a lot of my friends on the course. The practical units such as graphic design are an unbelievable amount of work to do. Achieving a good grade in these units require a lot of hard work and determination. I found that the theory side became the relaxed easy side of my degree and helped to break up all the ongoing projects you will do.

That being said the course gives you a wonderful overall view of the media industry. It allows you an insight into areas you did not know would interest you and no week is ever the same. You will go from writing an essay on James Bond, to the Holocaust to making a South Park animation.

Overall if you really do not like media theory relating to history, politics, feminism, racism and propaganda all within the media industry, then this may not be the degree for you. But if these subjects interest you, this degree will be perfect for you.
University of Portsmouth
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by RyanFenderr)
So I applied for the Entertainment Technology course, and got an offer, however a few days ago I got an e-mail saying that the course was canceled, and that I have an offer for Media Studies and Entertainment Technology. However i'm not too sure about the Media Studies aspect, and have no idea on what to do next??

I originally applied for Digital Media, however after meeting a course leader, I found that Entertainment Technology was a better fit for me, and it was by a mile!! however now that the course has been canceled I don't know what to do, if anyone else is in the same situation can they please say that they are doing and why??

Thanks guys
Hi Ryan,

So sorry to hear your choice of course has been cancelled at short notice I can
imagine that's not what you wanted to hear. If you are unsure how best to
proceed please take some time and give our Admissions team a call for some
advice as we want to make sure you have the best possible information with which to make your decision.

You can contact them today by phone or email on

[email protected]
+44 (0)23 9284 2421
Good luck!

+44 (0)23 9284 2421
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 3 Jul '19
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Jul '19

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (4)
4%
No (96)
96%

Watched Threads