Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay so to stop me from making multiple fashion help threads, I've decided to have it all on one thread.

So please look for my latest post on here when wanting to answer questions! Merci!

Just to avoid conclusion, I'm not giving advice but getting advice.

With all that cleared up, I'll post my first fashion conundrum!

ReputationRep:
    So I'm slowly but surely building up my formal wardrobe for work experience. Currently, I'm looking to buy a shirt however...

I have no idea what will look best. Which colours/patterns would go with a navy suit? Is it acceptable to wear a casual shirt?

I would like to wear something like this (link below), doesn't have to be with a tie though.

http://www.moss.co.uk/moss-1851-slim...hirt-965635009

ReputationRep:
    Someone please!! ^^^

Need to order soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    Someone please!! ^^^

Need to order soon
    Looks good! Are you thinking of wearing a suit with that? If so, which colour?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravioliyears)
    Looks good! Are you thinking of wearing a suit with that? If so, which colour?
    Navy

http://www.moss.co.uk/moss-1851-slim...quest_type=mlt

what about this one?

ReputationRep:
    Nice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravioliyears)
    Nice!
    Yay! Which would you go for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    Yay! Which would you go for?
    They're both very nice tbh, but if I had to choose one, it would be the second one

ReputationRep:
    Gonna need to know what you look like i.e. build, hair colour, skin tone.

That shirt might suit you but it'd make me look like a dad. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I don't think a striped shirt is that great of an idea. like above me said, it might make you look a bit old. light blue and white shirts are ideal for navy suits.

if you go casual then make sure to get brown dress shoes with a navy suit, looks so much nicer than black.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.