Original post by zXcodeXz
No I want to do a level maths

If you're getting a C i wouldnt recommend it, its a lot harder at A level
Original post by ULT
If you're getting a C i wouldnt recommend it, its a lot harder at A level

Yeah true

You can easily raise up from a C in maths. I was sh*t at maths since year 7. I struggled on all the basic arithmetic stuff since year 9. But I did take an interest in algebra. What i'm saying is, I was a C in the beginning of year 10, but now at a high A which is ok., but I barely did much practice at home, just listened in class and did the homework. Just watch these
https://www.youtube.com/user/HEGARTYMATHS
Original post by Username3097486
Wow, thats alot of subjects. You said that you copied notes up, did you use mind maps for all the subjects?

Btw i forgot to mention we did 6 GCSE's in year 10 and the rest in year 11.

Besides English, Languages and Citizenship, yeah.

For Languages, I just made flashcards with all the vocab on them (ot worked for French) . For English, I read the book, the poems and the short stories and independently analysed them (i found that I remembered it better that way) and made character profiles for the book and matched the quotes to the characters. Don't bother memorising quotes though, as long as you know the book, it's fine. For citizenship, I made flashcards.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nomophobia
Btw i forgot to mention we did 6 GCSE's in year 10 and the rest in year 11.

Besides English, Languages and Citizenship, yeah.

For Languages, I just made flashcards with all the vocab on them (ot worked for French) . For English, I read the book, the poems and the short stories and independently analysed them (i found that I remembered it better that way) and made character profiles for the book and matched the quotes to the characters. Don't bother memorising quotes though, as long as you know the book, it's fine. For citizenship, I made flashcards.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh...so how did you revise for the factual subjects like science and history

I don't think you're quite grasping how big the step is from GCSE to A Level - there's a reason most colleges say you have to have gotten at least an A in GCSE Maths to carry it on - I think you're being quote unrealistic with your hopes to do A level Maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 426
Yeah true

what do you want to do in the future?
I got 4 A*s, 5 As and 2Bs

A*s - Maths, History, French & Welsh
As - Eng Lit, Eng Lang, Core Science, Advanced Science & Religious Studies
Bs - Geography & IT

BTW if you need help with science, you should check out myGCSEscience on YouTube - it is literally a LIFESAVER!!! That's the only way I managed to get 2As in science:rofl2:
9 A*, 1 A
You can easily raise up from a C in maths. I was sh*t at maths since year 7. I struggled on all the basic arithmetic stuff since year 9. But I did take an interest in algebra. What i'm saying is, I was a C in the beginning of year 10, but now at a high A which is ok., but I barely did much practice at home, just listened in class and did the homework. Just watch these
https://www.youtube.com/user/HEGARTYMATHS

Oh that's so cool and thanks I'll watch it!
Original post by annaj97
9 A*, 1 A

How did you even do that?
Original post by LunaLovegood2508
I got 4 A*s, 5 As and 2Bs

A*s - Maths, History, French & Welsh
As - Eng Lit, Eng Lang, Core Science, Advanced Science & Religious Studies
Bs - Geography & IT

BTW if you need help with science, you should check out myGCSEscience on YouTube - it is literally a LIFESAVER!!! That's the only way I managed to get 2As in science:rofl2:

Woah ok, how did you revise for maths?
Original post by ULT
what do you want to do in the future?

I'm not sure I want to keep my options open
I don't think you're quite grasping how big the step is from GCSE to A Level - there's a reason most colleges say you have to have gotten at least an A in GCSE Maths to carry it on - I think you're being quote unrealistic with your hopes to do A level Maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No offence but I'm not letting anyone bring me down and stop me to do what I want
Yeah true

not true its mostly the same as gcse maths and further maths is even more easy and fun
No offence but I'm not letting anyone bring me down and stop me to do what I want

Suit yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SalazarSlytherin
not true its mostly the same as gcse maths and further maths is even more easy and fun

Lol😂😂

Someone I know got a B at GCSE then he got an A at a level

if you really are passionate in maths then you can get an A*
if you really are passionate in maths then you can get an A*

Ok I'm going to try my best

Quick Reply

Latest