Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So i am a current year 11 student and i am aspiring to go to Duhram university. I hope to achieve the following grades at GCSE.
    History A*
    Geograpghy A*
    Philosophy and Ethics A*
    English Language A*
    English Literature A*
    Science Core A
    Science Additional A
    Textiles A
    Maths B

Should all go well would i be in a good position to apply to Duhram with a good chance of success? And if not could anyone recommend me universitys like Duhram? I hope to study History or Politics for my degree and will be taking History, Gov and politics, Philosophy and Ethics and English literature at A-level with the presumption that i will obtain good grades in all. It may also be worth noting that i go to a poor performance school and would be sorted into the "disadvantaged postcode" category also. I know it may be a little early to be worrying but i could really use an honest person to shed some light on my grades, whilst i know that my A-level grades will be more important, i really just want to know if my GCSE grades (if obtained) would hold me back in anyway. Thank you for any help in advance.

ReputationRep:
    I got 2A*'s for my GCSE's, a few A's and a C (Foundation French lel), at A-levels I got 2A*'s (in physics and maths) and a high A (further maths) - I got in no problem, I guess to get an offer it depends on what your AS grades were/will be and what you're predicted in A2, also your personal statement is important but you've got a while till you have to worry about that

But generally if you're capable in your a-levels then you should be fine for university, thus get an offer made

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themancunian)
    I got 2A*'s for my GCSE's, a few A's and a C (Foundation French lel), at A-levels I got 2A*'s (in physics and maths) and a high A (further maths) - I got in no problem, I guess to get an offer it depends on what your AS grades were/will be and what you're predicted in A2, also your personal statement is important but you've got a while till you have to worry about that

But generally if you're capable in your a-levels then you should be fine for university, thus get an offer made
    Thats really good to hear thank you!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.