Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone!

Has anyone else been asked to do a phone interview for their language assessment? I've applied for France, but as I didn't study French for my main degree they've asked me to do a language assessment (I have been doing part time courses at Institut français whilst working). I'm a little unsure if the interview will be like a normal interview regarding teaching etc. but completely in French or if they will just ask a few basic questions to assess my level of the language. Has anyone done this before?

K.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm very much in the same boat as you with my interview on tuesday. Have you since managed to find out any more regarding this?

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Nothing beyond 'we will ask you one or two basic questions in French, it should last between 5-10 mins'. So I'm pretty much practicing for any potential 'basic' question... Where have you applied for?

Good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    Same. Just wish we had just a bit more info on it. Wondering if they'll be GCSE-style questions such as <<Qu'est-ce que vous faites pendant votre temps libre?>>I've applied for Outre-Mer, Lille and Nantes, you?

ReputationRep:
    I imagine so, I'm guessing that if they're saying they will ask basic questions then we probably won't be asked about how we feel about Brexit or the Panama Papers! But you never know... Anyways, I've applied for Lyon, Reims and Orléans-Tours

ReputationRep:
    Haha yeah, can't help but feel apprehensive about it though. Scoured the Internet last night and found nothing... Alors, bonne chance!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.