Revision. Watch

VNN
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey,My GCSE Exams are only next year however I know the exams for this year are upcoming.
I'd love for some people to tell me in-depth on how they revisit,So what they user and what revision methods they use(mind maps...).
Also,how much do you revise per day and how long ago before exams did you start as I'm in year 10 currently and I was thinking of starting at the start of year 11 so almost a year before...
*Alisha*
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi,
I'm also in Year 10 and in my School we usually get tested on topic that we just learnt. So what I do is that I make flashcards that I can use for the test and can also come back to these notes when I'm in Year 10. Mind maps are also a good way of revising if your a visual learner. I think when revising for the real GCSEs, first complete past papers for each subject to see what you know and mark it using the mark scheme.Then revise, then do another past paper to check how much you have improved.
Jamie Vardy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by VNN)
Hey,My GCSE Exams are only next year however I know the exams for this year are upcoming.
I'd love for some people to tell me in-depth on how they revisit,So what they user and what revision methods they use(mind maps...).
Also,how much do you revise per day and how long ago before exams did you start as I'm in year 10 currently and I was thinking of starting at the start of year 11 so almost a year before...
Still not started...
TheConfusedMedic
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
lol 'start of year 11' is what we all say
06/04/2016 and most of us have just started
the-future-medic
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I prefer to write up my notes and then type them up so that I have a backup. I also use past papers and youtube videos for maths and english.

I started revising in january and do around 5-6 hours on a school day and then around 7-8 on a weekend.

Hope I was able to help you in some way.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (554)
80.41%
Leave (135)
19.59%

Watched Threads