The Student Room Group

I cant get girls because I am nice.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by John55
Do you think just a normal bicycle could suffice in case Dave cannot ride a proper motorbike? I mean, if the bicycle was black and red, maybe Dave could even set it on fire whilst he is riding it, I wonder if that would be dangerous enough to attract females...

No, not even a black and red bicycle would have the same effect on a woman, I'm afraid. Unless Dave could do ridiculous stunts with it. Setting it ablaze would be impressive but also extremely stupid and dangerous. Overkill :tongue:
Original post by Blondie987
I can't get anyone cos I'm traaaassssshhhh

You aint trash! Youll find someone soon!!
Reply 22
Yeah that's why.

You're probably just boring and ugly.
Im nice but im ugly, therefore im a repellant for girls.
Girls seem to overlook nice guys because their usually not as confident (im not confident at all).
Just be yourself around girls and theyll come to you. I dont know when but it will happen

Im single still because girls dont like me. Im really nice but really quiet and not good looking.
Youll find someone amazing!!!
*Boring

Being super nice is boring. A bit of friendly teasing/banter is more fun. No girl wants to date a boring guy.
Reply 25
Nice guys are confident. Just because I can speak my mind doesn't mean i'm going to be a completely nasty person. That's the thing with all you 'nice guys' you mistake dishonesty and being a wimp for being nice, when really you're just not brave enough to say and do what you really think.

And then you wonder why no one wants you
Original post by FireFreezer77
You aint trash! Youll find someone soon!!

Hope so lol, same to you!
Reply 27
Original post by thefatone
ok then....

so what do you want to do then?

Talking to me like a piece of **** because I'm a nice guy?
Reply 28
Original post by RugbyFighter
Just get swole and take your top off in a night club......

only ***** do that. I bet you get so many girls because you a ****. Its not fair. :angry:
Reply 29
You mean to say if a man cycled up to you ablaze you wouldn't just marry him on the spot? :eek: ... I think what we can infer from this Dave, is that women are a weird bunch :yep:.
Original post by edgydave20
only ***** do that. I bet you get so many girls because you a ****. Its not fair. :angry:

If I had an average body I don't think I would get any.....
Reply 31
You a ginger ****

Spoiler

Reply 32
Original post by AlmightyJesus
it's not that you're nice, it's that you convey yourself as needy and wimpish - two former traits which are commonly associated with being nice - it's the wrong brand of "niceness"
you need to be a nice person who is tough, if that makes sense?
you need to be humble but you also need to be confident - confident enough to be cheeky and bold
that is the key to being nice + romantically successful; if you're nice and sweet but you can make her chuckle and give a bit of push-pull then you've got it (Y)

I used to try the bad boy act, and it worked sometimes (that's better than "never"] with some girls (the girls that would probably like the kind of alt. hipsterish guy that I am) but what worked recently was to simply be myself and be nice to the point where I wasn't being needy - I was a bit menacing with my approach (teasing her and being playful whenever I could) but still warm and nice enough to be a decent person, e.g. listening to her, and actually caring about what she had to say, and even saying "thank you"/"please" appropriately (if that's not too obvious...). a girl wants to have fun with a guy, and if literally the only thing that you can be is "nice" and not "funny and interesting" then you've got nothing...anybody can be nice - it takes somebody special to be more) to press these other buttons...I was also not being "nice" to the point where, instead of asking permission to do things, I was making commands, e.g. "come with me", "don't do that", etc - that displays at least *some* confidence if I'm willing to take control, e.g. like a man, right? right! so that's what you've got to convey - a nice but manly image/personality

also, don't equate "manliness" with being physically aggressive to other men for her sake - that's stupid and would only attract an absolute slapper...and it has got me into fights that I didn't end up winning. because other guys are sometimes willing to fight other guys for girls, even if they don't know those girls...I've learned from those mistakes now. I even had a guy trying to literally steal a girl I was bringing home with me (a housemate, actually) and I was refusing to fight him when he was trying to snatch her (not that she's an object or something) he was saying "what are you going to do about it?" - in the end, the girl actually went off with me *because* I wasn't going to fight him. that also probably shows that I wasn't needy.

It is because I'm nice.

All girls hate me. I am going to be a **** for now on.
Original post by edgydave20
Talking to me like a piece of **** because I'm a nice guy?

no i'm merely enquiring what you intend to do about it?

being a paenus isn't gonna help, respect is something i aim to earn off others not just their bodies and looks
Reply 34
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Genuinely nice guy? or nice guy syndrome?

The latter would put even female ants off you XD

"The terms Nice Guy™ and Nice Guy syndrome are used to describe men who view themselves as prototypical "nice guys," but whose "nice deeds" are in reality only motivated by attempts to passively please women into a relationship and/or sex."

No I am nice.

I held a door open for a girl and she didn't even sleep with me.

But if I threw the door in her face she would have been all over me
I'm sorry edgydave20, life's a bitch

Hey, don't say that about yourself. :h:

Nobody is trash, particularly not you.- I know we all feel a little rubbish sometimes but it doesn't mean we are rubbish or that anyone else sees us that way either. Infact, even though we've never spoken before I'm certain that you're most likely perceived as almost, if not, exactly the opposite by those you meet irl. I think that we as people need to stop putting ourselves down and rather focus on our positive qualities, you know? Life's too short to be unnecessarily diminishing our self-esteem for no required reason. I'm sure you'll find someone soon; you seem like a cool person! I mean, sometimes things like that require patience and you're only young anyway, what- 19/20? Although it might feel like you've already been waiting for ages, remember that when the right person comes along the wait will have been worth it. More than worth it.

You're amazing Blondie, try not to forget it. :cube: :heart:

Spoiler

Original post by Anon_98
Hey, don't say that about yourself. :h:

Nobody is trash, particularly not you.- I know we all feel a little rubbish sometimes but it doesn't mean we are rubbish or that anyone else sees us that way either. Infact, even though we've never spoken before I'm certain that you're most likely perceived as almost, if not, exactly the opposite by those you meet irl. I think that we as people need to stop putting ourselves down and rather focus on our positive qualities, you know? Life's too short to be unnecessarily diminishing our self-esteem for no required reason. I'm sure you'll find someone soon; you seem like a cool person! I mean, sometimes things like that require patience and you're only young anyway, what- 19/20? Although it might feel like you've already been waiting for ages, remember that when the right person comes along the wait will have been worth it. More than worth it.

You're amazing Blondie, try not to forget it. :cube: :heart:

That's so nice of you to say! I was really just joking, but thank you!!
Original post by iEthan

Spoiler

Sure do :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest