The Student Room Group

6th form clothing

we have to wear fairly smart clothes for 6th form and the majority of 6th formers seem to wear shirt/ties with either a jumper or suit on the top.

just wondering what you have to wear for 6th form and if you have to dress 'smartly' how many different shirts/ties/suits, etc, you wear.

Scroll to see replies

finished school now:cool:

but ours were fairly relaxed, no jeans, no trainers etc

and a shirt that must have a collar, thats about it

pretty relaxed
Reply 2
MC REN
we have to wear fairly smart clothes for 6th form and the majority of 6th formers seem to wear shirt/ties with either a jumper or suit on the top.

just wondering what you have to wear for 6th form and if you have to dress 'smartly' how many different shirts/ties/suits, etc, you wear.

oh my god do you go to private or soemthing?? our's was wicked, wear what we like as long as its something and not offensive. :biggrin:

during the summer some of teh girls wear like a bikini bra thing to lessons :biggrin:
Fly By
oh my god do you go to private or soemthing?? our's was wicked, wear what we like as long as its something and not offensive. :biggrin:

during the summer some of teh girls wear like a bikini bra thing to lessons :biggrin:

i bet it's the munters that wear those clothes

always is:frown:
Reply 4
serious narb

hehe nope! the good goods :wink: our 6th form is wicked, all the sluts and munters gone to get pragnent :biggrin: no time for school
MC REN

Oh my. where are you studying? We could wear what we like.
Reply 6
ours is an all girls grammar, our rule was strict office wear....this usually stretched to combats though. jeans and trainers were definitely big no-no's, as were tracksuits...yeugh

the boys school next door are made to wear suits :biggrin: smartens them up sooooo much :rolleyes: :biggrin:
Reply 7
we had to wear a uniform :rolleyes:

quite nice though..

well it was the same uniform that we had worn for the previous 5 years - only a different tie!!! ooooh!!!
Reply 8
MC REN

We are having to wear office attire, which for males generally mean suits.
Reply 9
serious narb

lol, in our college we can wear whatever. the guys always seemed to like summer when literally every girl wore skirts... kinda puts you off wearing them tho.

lou xxx
MC REN

Despite the main (11-16) school being Uniform, the 6th Form had no rules over uniform.

Not saying that the lasses got away with nightclub wear, but if it was a hot day and they wanted to laze outside to do some work in a bikini top during a study period, they weren't going to be stopped.
Reply 11
priya
the boys school next door are made to wear suits :biggrin: smartens them up sooooo much :rolleyes: :biggrin:

ooooh i like the sound of that. i went to a formal 18th last night and all the guys were in tuxes... it's jus so nice :wink:

lou xxx
Reply 12
isn't it just :biggrin: roll on prom next fri :biggrin: :wink:
Err, school uniform - and the teachers can be cocks about it, if they don't like you. In a place like Birmingham, it just looks ridiculous (being 17/18) and walking around in tie and blazer - like the rest of the 10 year olds. The girls are meant to wear 'formal clothes' i.e. no jeans, trainers. But the tick ones all turn up in miniskirts, tight jeans, revealing tops etc. (Not that I'm complaining :biggrin: )
Fly By
hehe nope! the good goods :wink: our 6th form is wicked, all the sluts and munters gone to get pragnent :biggrin: no time for school

lucky bugger

our year was so poor when it came to woman, probably only 2 relativley hot girls

the year below is soooooo much better
Reply 15
sparkler
we had to wear a uniform :rolleyes:

quite nice though..

well it was the same uniform that we had worn for the previous 5 years - only a different tie!!! ooooh!!!

sometimes it's better that way. having a lot of choice in clothes meant that you did get scrutinised a lot by other girls, purely on what you wore. having said that though, i'm glad i was allowed to wear office wear- it looks smart and there's still room for a lot of individuality
Reply 16
Fly By

So lucky
in my school we can wear whatever tho all the guys r yucky and wear really tight shirt and stuff like that and jeans that looked like girls' jeans
tammypotato
in my school we can wear whatever tho all the guys r yucky and wear really tight skirt and stuff like that and jeans that looked like girls' jeans

The guys where skirts ?!?!? Wierd place.

We only did that for Comic Relief / Children In Need occasions.
Reply 19
serious narb
lucky bugger

our year was so poor when it came to woman, probably only 2 relativley hot girls

the year below is soooooo much better

lol unlucky, but girls looks good down here in cambridge :biggrin:

Latest