Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I need help with questions 5 ii and 5iii and question 6a which can be found in the following link: http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/244362-...igher-tier.pdf
    Thank you very much! I have had a look at the mark scheme but they do not explain clearly how the correct answer was obtained.

ReputationRep:
    Which part are you unsure about?

Name:  12970705_582122355288025_1320970476_o.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  168.3 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wolfram Alpha)
    I need help with questions 5 ii and 5iii and question 6a which can be found in the following link: http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/244362-...igher-tier.pdf
    Thank you very much! I have had a look at the mark scheme but they do not explain clearly how the correct answer was obtained.
    moles = concentration x volume

Make sure the volume is in dm3 so if its in cm3 divide by 1000.

so 10/1000 * 0.150 = 1.5x10^-3 moles

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuchBants)

Don't give full solutions.

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean "doesn't" ?

And I dispute that. Unless there is an error. It shows the solutions as you'd expect to see in the exam. Which is why I followed with a question as to which particular part is the issue.

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean "doesn't" ?

And I dispute that. Unless there is an error. It shows the solutions as you'd expect to see in the exam. Which is why I followed with a question as to which particular part is the issue.
    No... I mean "don't". It's a contraction of "do not".

There's no point in giving someone a full answer because then they don't have to think about the problem themself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    No... I mean "don't". It's a contraction of "do not".

There's no point in giving someone a full answer because then they don't have to think about the problem themself.
    It's a strange instruction to give. I understand your point and agree to an extent. But your point is irrelevant in context of a forum for solutions. In the classroom I'd hope the questioner isn't being fed answers.

ReputationRep:
    It's a strange instruction to give. I understand your point and agree to an extent. But your point is irrelevant in context of a forum for solutions. In the classroom I'd hope the questioner isn't being fed answers.
    The forum is called "Maths, science and technology academic help", not "Maths, science and technology will do your work for you".

I understand you clearly haven't got much experience giving academic help, but there's no way you can think doing someone's work for them is helpful?

ReputationRep:

Thank you for your help. I was confused about all of it but now I can see where I went wrong. Thanks again mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by derpz)
    moles = concentration x volume

Make sure the volume is in dm3 so if its in cm3 divide by 1000.

so 10/1000 * 0.150 = 1.5x10^-3 moles
    Thanks buddy.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 10, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.