Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should London have limited football clubs watch

ReputationRep:
    Out of all the cities that have professional football clubs London has the most

Arsenal
    Chelsea
    Spurs
    Watford (if you count that as London)
    Crystal Palace
    Charlton
    Millwall
    QPR
    Fulham
    Brentford
    Wimbledon
    Dagenham and Redbridge
    Leyton Orient

It's quiet crazy to think that an area such as West London Chelsea, Fulham and QPR are all in close proximity, North-East is quite similar too, should there be limits on the number of clubs in London, like there is on Manchester?

ReputationRep:
    errm no.

London is a ****ing massive city. All of the clubs also have a really good following and fan base.

Watford is also Hertfordshire not London.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Not So Average)
    Out of all the cities that have professional football clubs London has the most

Arsenal
    Chelsea
    Spurs
    Watford (if you count that as London)
    Crystal Palace
    Charlton
    Millwall
    QPR
    Fulham
    Brentford
    Wimbledon
    Dagenham and Redbridge
    Leyton Orient

It's quiet crazy to think that an area such as West London Chelsea, Fulham and QPR are all in close proximity, North-East is quite similar too, should there be limits on the number of clubs in London, like there is on Manchester?
    Limit in manchester? thats a new one on me!

And no of course there shouldn't be a limit! If a club can be successful and sustainably supported (with the exception of dagenham all of them on there get good home attendances) then they deserve to be in the top leagues, doesnt matter how many nearby teams are there

ReputationRep:
    Nope, silly question.

May i ask what is your intention in wasting peoples time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basiji)
    errm no.

London is a ****ing massive city. All of the clubs also have a really good following and fan base.

Watford is also Hertfordshire not London.
    But is it necessary? Clubs like Milan, Barcelona are massive cities aswell yet only have 2-3 clubs competiting at high levels

(Original post by bluester)
    Limit in manchester? thats a new one on me!

And no of course there shouldn't be a limit! If a club can be successful and sustainably supported (with the exception of dagenham all of them on there get good home attendances) then they deserve to be in the top leagues, doesnt matter how many nearby teams are there
    Okay excuse my manchester example a City like Hull, Newcastle only 1 team with massive populations
    (Original post by delraymisfits)
    Nope, silly question.

May i ask what is your intention in wasting peoples time?
    Dunno why you think I'm wasting peoples time when it's a legit question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Not So Average)
    But is it necessary? Clubs like Milan, Barcelona are massive cities aswell yet only have 2-3 clubs competiting at high levels
    Milan and Barcelona populations are less than a quarter of London I think. London is ****ing massive.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The rivalries are a great thing.

ReputationRep:
    London has 8.5mil of England's 53mil population.

That's just over 16%..

ReputationRep:
    There aren't that many reasons I like living in London but the fact that there are a lot of professional teams is one of them.

I miss the old Wimbledon

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.