Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi so I kind of messed up my year 11 exams on ict well it was coursework I got a high d so I'm doing my GCSEs exam this year and my last two controlled assessments where 11 out of 15 and 13 out of 15 So I'm wondering if I do well in the exam worthy 40% can I still get a B or A?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 22scott11)
    Hi so I kind of messed up my year 11 exams on ict well it was coursework I got a high d so I'm doing my GCSEs exam this year and my last two controlled assessments where 11 out of 15 and 13 out of 15 So I'm wondering if I do well in the exam worthy 40% can I still get a B or A?
    You won't be able too get an A, but you can still get a B with an A* in the exam

ReputationRep:
    it all depends on the grade boundaries that will be released before your results day!
    As you said you got a high D grade in your coursework and your coursework is 60% - so you have got 38% lets say because you mentioned its a high D and normally D grade is half % of the 100%
    so if you do get 40% in your exams which can be difficult because exams tend to be harder - but lets assume you got an A in your exams which would be 20% lets say, so if you add them up 38 + 20 = 58% that will be a high C or you can get a low B
    so grade A i think would be difficult to achieve - just try to get an A in your exam to secure your C grade or maybe you can get an A

ReputationRep:
    This is the exact reason why i like my final result to come from an exam and none of this course work crap it has ruined so many of my grades :/.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    it all depends on the grade boundaries that will be released before your results day!
    As you said you got a high D grade in your coursework and your coursework is 60% - so you have got 38% lets say because you mentioned its a high D and normally D grade is half % of the

100%
    so if you do get 40% in your exams which can be difficult because exams tend to be harder - but lets assume you got an A in your exams which would be 20% lets say, so if you add them up 38 + 20 = 58% that will be a high C or you can get a low B
    so grade A i think would be difficult to achieve - just try to get an A in your exam to secure your C grade or maybe you can get an A

Thank you very much I will work hard for my exams you have motivated me again

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much I will work hard for my exams you have motivated me again
    "again" :erm:
    when did i motivated you before

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScienceFantatic)
    You won't be able too get an A, but you can still get a B with an A* in the exam
    wgat if I got a b or an a in the exam, also is a c still easily achievable??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.