Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I recently receive offers from QMUL, Warwick and UEA for law and I'm getting really stumped as to which one I should pick. I've noticed that QMUL has the better ranking for law in all league tables I've looked at but is that how employers view it as well? I think the question is really between Queen Mary University and Warwick. Could anyone please give their advise on which they think is best for law. Keep in mind I'm an international student so I can't visit them before i make the decision. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stephenk)
    I recently receive offers from QMUL, Warwick and UEA for law and I'm getting really stumped as to which one I should pick. I've noticed that QMUL has the better ranking for law in all league tables I've looked at but is that how employers view it as well? I think the question is really between Queen Mary University and Warwick. Could anyone please give their advise on which they think is best for law. Keep in mind I'm an international student so I can't visit them before i make the decision. Thanks.
    Essentially, there is no difference between QMUL and Warwick. QMUL offers A*AA and Warwick AAA, but in reality there are many people at QMUL with AAA and many people at Warwick with A*AA. There is no real difference in access to law firms (domestically) as firms will visit Warwick as frequently as they visit QMUL -- but don't forget that QMUL might make VSs and open days a little bit easier owing to its being in London.

There might be a difference in how general non-law employers in your country view Warwick and QMUL. Warwick has very good international rep, whereas QMUL perhaps is less known. Naturally, you have a better understanding of what your country thinks about QMUL and Warwick than I. I think this is potentially the only significant difference between the two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stephenk)
    In addition to employers' perception, you should also consider:

1. The course programs of the two unis., as to the best of my knowledge, they are not quite the same. Read the information to see what exactly you want to study in the coming three years.

2. The living experience in a campus uni and a city uni. This is also very crucial as you are going to spend three years there.

3. Expenditure. London is much, much more expensive, in particular you should consider the issue of accommodation as it is most likely that QM can only guarantee accommodation for international students for their first year of stay.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.