Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm an architecture student in Scotland who was awarded my BSc last year, I'm currently on a placement year still enrolled in my uni (year 4 of 6).

I recently received a conditional offer to study my masters at my ideal university; one of the conditions is to 'provide a good quality, authenticated copy of your BSc degree in Architecture'.

I was offered the oppurtunity to graduate last summer but couldnt as I deffered a module over the summer due to illness. I emailed the student records team at my uni to ask if there was any way I could get a copy of my BSc, but they told me I have to graduate to receive an official copy.

The next oppurtunity to graduate is at the end of July this year, so I wouldn't be able to supply an official copy of my degree until early August which is pretty late as the course starts on the 12th of September. Will this be an issue?

Also, I achieved my BSc last year, but having to graduate this year, will it say I achieved my degree in 2016?

Couldn't I just upload something like this which is taken straight from my academic transcript as proof before I graduate?

Name:  12.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  27.9 KB
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Ideal uni, current uni, ideal uni. Ask them. They are all questions only answerable by them. Nobody on TSR can answer. Think about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theonelink)
    I'm an architecture student in Scotland who was awarded my BSc last year, I'm currently on a placement year still enrolled in my uni (year 4 of 6).

I recently received a conditional offer to study my masters at my ideal university; one of the conditions is to 'provide a good quality, authenticated copy of your BSc degree in Architecture'.

I was offered the oppurtunity to graduate last summer but couldnt as I deffered a module over the summer due to illness. I emailed the student records team at my uni to ask if there was any way I could get a copy of my BSc, but they told me I have to graduate to receive an official copy.

The next oppurtunity to graduate is at the end of July this year, so I wouldn't be able to supply an official copy of my degree until early August which is pretty late as the course starts on the 12th of September. Will this be an issue?

Also, I achieved my BSc last year, but having to graduate this year, will it say I achieved my degree in 2016?

Couldn't I just upload something like this which is taken straight from my academic transcript as proof before I graduate?

Name:  12.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  27.9 KB
    Check with admissions. If your transcript says something like "met requirements for degree" it should be ok in the meanwhile, but you will need to have officially graduated before starting your masters. But again, check with admissions. It does sound odd for you to say you were 'awarded' your degree as typically this does only happen after graduation.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.