Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i started a new first job today which involved basically making sandwiches in like a kitchen place and cleaning up afterwords. the thing is i absolutely hate it and i was only there for 5 and half hours lol (i got £15) but the ppl who work there seem to like it. how am i going to cope in the future though when i'll have to work full time
    i know evry1 hates working but not as much as me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    i started a new first job today which involved basically making sandwiches in like a kitchen place and cleaning up afterwords. the thing is i absolutely hate it and i was only there for 5 and half hours lol (i got £15) but the ppl who work there seem to like it. how am i going to cope in the future though when i'll have to work full time
    Just stick it out. Its only for a short period that you will be working there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    i had that with my last job. i knew on the first day i hated it. but i lasted like 2 months then suddenly i just really didn't want to ever go back, so i quit (that was 2 weeks ago). just find yourself another job. *if you don't have a go at bad jobs, you'll never appreciate a good job* (what my mum said to me the other week)

lou xxx

What job do you think you would rather do instead? If there is no other job that's better for you at this stage then you'll have no choice but to face it i'm afraid, it can't be that bad, just pretend the sandwiches can talk and have conversations with them, and the time will fly away.

ReputationRep:
    no, I love working, I must be one of the few. But yeah, my last job was so boring, I worked in a gift shop, but the best time was on Boxing Day getting paid double time and a half to stand behind the counter becuase no one bought anything becuase we didnt have a sale. It was classic!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    i had that with my last job. i knew on the first day i hated it. but i lasted like 2 months then suddenly i just really didn't want to ever go back, so i quit (that was 2 weeks ago). just find yourself another job. *if you don't have a go at bad jobs, you'll never appreciate a good job* (what my mum said to me the other week)

lou xxx
    yea i know what you mean and it sounds stupid but im actually 'scared' of going to work lol (perhaps coz i fainted at a production line job :rolleyes: ) but other ppl who work there say they like it :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    just pretend the sandwiches can talk and have conversations with them, and the time will fly away.
    you have quite an imagination.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    no, I love working, I must be one of the few. But yeah, my last job was so boring, I worked in a gift shop, but the best time was on Boxing Day getting paid double time and a half to stand behind the counter becuase no one bought anything becuase we didnt have a sale. It was classic!
    i know what you mean about love working. i work in a doctors surgery (have for over 2 years now) and it's just so good, really interesting and some days i'll only be photocopying or something but the people there are lovely and it's a nice plcae to work. suits me as well because in college time i just do evenings (i take the mail, photocopy, do odd jobs + generally do the bits that no one else has time to do) and in the holidays i cover for all the receptionists who have children so take all their time off in school- holidays. it's a very nice little job to have.

lou xxx

The way you people all seem to like your work with the exception of the topic starter of course i am almost inspired to stop being a hobo and actually get a job. I'd rather spend two months watching TV and wasting my days though, sandwiches can still talk to me at home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    yea i know what you mean and it sounds stupid but im actually 'scared' of going to work lol (perhaps coz i fainted at a production line job :rolleyes: ) but other ppl who work there say they like it :confused:
    i found the people who liked the place i hated were the ones who were in their 20s and did it full-time and had never done A-levels or anything. i just got really bored and was always patronised by the manager (but no one else seemed to notice her doing this). maybe it's cos i was doing it as well as college and my other (brilliant) job

if you really hate it leave, i made myself just about ill cos of my job -i woke up having a panic attack the night before i had a stockcheck (which i missed cos my mum phoned in sick for me) and sometimes i'd only go in if i knew my bf would come and see me at lunch or something. i've been so much happier since i left it and wish i'd doen it earlier (but it did pay for my holiday)

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    i found the people who liked the place i hated were the ones who were in their 20s and did it full-time and had never done A-levels or anything. i just got really bored and was always patronised by the manager (but no one else seemed to notice her doing this). maybe it's cos i was doing it as well as college and my other (brilliant) job

if you really hate it leave, i made myself just about ill cos of my job -i woke up having a panic attack the night before i had a stockcheck (which i missed cos my mum phoned in sick for me) and sometimes i'd only go in if i knew my bf would come and see me at lunch or something. i've been so much happier since i left it and wish i'd doen it earlier (but it did pay for my holiday)

lou xxx

its funny the ppl who work there are not really academic coz i know a few of them who seem to put up with it full time evry day. i can't believe they like the job though its just so boring but they must have a different perception of manual labour work. college is much easier!

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.