Can't find any any work experience. ..please help Watch

username1490928
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Please could you list any places where I could find work experience in Leeds/Bradford etc. Any bank, law firm etc.
milkshakelover
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
They're not likely to take you on (banks/law firms) because they're professional jobs where they don't have the time to look after a work experience placement. A very small, local law firm might let you on but im pretty sure no bank will.
username1490928
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Ok, any other places?
Thanks.
milkshakelover
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Coolme12345)
Ok, any other places?
Thanks.
Retail are often willing to take on places. And Boots too- just not the pharmacy because you have to be 18.
urbanlocations
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Charity shops .
Karaleigh19
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I managed to get work experience in York, in a very local law firm. They only have branches in Pickering, Stamford Bridge and York. Your best bet is to email/phone the local places and specify that you are willing to just fetch coffee if that is all you're allowed to do. Another reason law firms might not take you on is confidentiality problems. If you let them know you take client confidentiality seriously and you're willing to sign something saying you won't go and blab your mouth to the first person you see, it's more likely somewhere will let you get some work experience.

Also, the place I'm hopefully going to (got an interview with the partner), didn't advertise work experience placements nor do they usually take people on. So you literally just need to find the emails/phone numbers of local law firms (there will be some) and speak to a lot. I emailed 6 firms before one even considered me. And at the one firm I am able to go to, I emailed 6 different people over two of the branches.

You just have to keep trying.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (35)
17.24%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (86)
42.36%
Nope, not that interesting (82)
40.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise