Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently waiting to hear back about a credit transfer to finish my degree off by doing level 3 modules, hoping to do 120 credits in one year but wondering how easy it is to arrange exam adjustments?

I've had dsa in the past but as i still have the software and feel able to manage now without 1:1 support so only need either extra time and pc use or a scribe if thats easier so hoping ou can provide me with either without having to go through the dsa process again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    I'm currently waiting to hear back about a credit transfer to finish my degree off by doing level 3 modules, hoping to do 120 credits in one year but wondering how easy it is to arrange exam adjustments?

I've had dsa in the past but as i still have the software and feel able to manage now without 1:1 support so only need either extra time and pc use or a scribe if thats easier so hoping ou can provide me with either without having to go through the dsa process again.
    Easy. They send you an email around February time for you to agree exam arrangements. You fill in the online forms and attach your evidence of why you need and what you need and they sort it. Takes a few weeks. But was a really easy process.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperCat007)
    Easy. They send you an email around February time for you to agree exam arrangements. You fill in the online forms and attach your evidence of why you need and what you need and they sort it. Takes a few weeks. But was a really easy process.
    Brilliant Do you happen to know how using a pc in exams would work ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Brilliant Do you happen to know how using a pc in exams would work ?
    No, but I imagine you get a separate room with other students who are also using a PC.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Some people also can get home exams, I do believe.

There was a list somewhere (please don't ask me where!) sometime ago of all the modules which do and don't have exams.

I had to reapply for DSA. But I was doing a slightly different course and because of how the OU works, my needs were slightly different.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I found the OU were really good with exam arrangements. They will email you telling you how to arrange it, and you just fill in a form and attach evidence. Then they email you letting you know if they need more detail or if it was granted
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    Some people also can get home exams, I do believe.

There was a list somewhere (please don't ask me where!) sometime ago of all the modules which do and don't have exams.

I had to reapply for DSA. But I was doing a slightly different course and because of how the OU works, my needs were slightly different.
    (Original post by Juno)
    I found the OU were really good with exam arrangements. They will email you telling you how to arrange it, and you just fill in a form and attach evidence. Then they email you letting you know if they need more detail or if it was granted
    The disability support team called me today and all appears to be sorted until I get the exam form as the all of the modules i've chosen are science modules. It was much simpler than sorting things out at a brick uni was for sure
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea if this will help you:
    The course books you can also get in PDF format now. They are (or were when I was there) a pain to read on the Kindle due to the format. But they were for me, much easier to read than course books.

And if it helps, you can request the course books in comb bound format.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    The course books you can also get in PDF format now. They are (or were when I was there) a pain to read on the Kindle due to the format. But they were for me, much easier to read than course books.

You have to email them to your kindle email address and put "convert" as the subject
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:

Two of my modules are automatically in online format so already okay with the PDFs and I ve requested a larger font if the one that has hard copies is a bit small.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.