Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I came to the country in November 2012 and applied for Student Loan in January 2016 when the requirements for EU students was only 3 years to show that they have been living in the UK. Student Loan Company accepted my application once I proved all evidence covered by 3 years that they wanted, but in the mean time the requirements for eu students changed for 5 years. I know , It does not affect my application for this year, but I know I have to re-apply each year for student finance. Will these circumstances affect my studies for the next year or I will be treated as an existing student and the new circumstances apply only for new student who started to study after 26 of march 2016?

Thanks
    • Answer Heroes
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Answer Heroes
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by berdavid88)
    Hi,

I came to the country in November 2012 and applied for Student Loan in January 2016 when the requirements for EU students was only 3 years to show that they have been living in the UK. Student Loan Company accepted my application once I proved all evidence covered by 3 years that they wanted, but in the mean time the requirements for eu students changed for 5 years. I know , It does not affect my application for this year, but I know I have to re-apply each year for student finance. Will these circumstances affect my studies for the next year or I will be treated as an existing student and the new circumstances apply only for new student who started to study after 26 of march 2016?

Thanks
    SFE have confirmed that the change only affects new students and not existing students.

As long as you don't change course then you shouldn't be affected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    SFE have confirmed that the change only affects new students and not existing students.

As long as you don't change course then you shouldn't be affected.
    Thanks a lot. I applied for HND in business and accounting and I am not planning to change course so won't be a problem. Thanks

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.