Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone.

I'm currently in my second year of sixth form studying A2 level Law, the exam board being AQA.

I'm studying units 3 and 4, but in order to get full UMS I am also re-sitting unit 1.

If you have any questions about any of the AS or A2 law units, please ask away. Feel free to leave any questions here as a reply, or PM me. Alternatively, you can message me on Skype, my Skype name i 'c-r-a-b-i'.

It really helps me as a part of my revision to answer questions which you guys may have, so ask away! I will answer any questions in detail and to the best of my ability.

Good luck with your revision

ReputationRep:
    Have you got any advice on how to structure 7/8 and 10 mark application questions for AQA Law Unit 2? Especially for criminal law (Assault, Battery, ABH, GBH S.20 and GBH S.18).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bruce267099)
    Have you got any advice on how to structure 7/8 and 10 mark application questions for AQA Law Unit 2? Especially for criminal law (Assault, Battery, ABH, GBH S.20 and GBH S.18).
    You should begin by stating that 'X defendant could possibly be liable for Y offence, under section Z of the Offences Against The Person Act 1861'.

Then work your way through each of the components of the actus reus, making sure to make all the key points but do it as briefly as you can. Ensure to include a case or two for each point. Once you've gone through the AR, apply it to the scenario. Do the same for the MR, stating what it is and the components, with cases, and then apply.

Do this properly and you'll get full marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .JC.)
    You should begin by stating that 'X defendant could possibly be liable for Y offence, under section Z of the Offences Against The Person Act 1861'.

Then work your way through each of the components of the actus reus, making sure to make all the key points but do it as briefly as you can. Ensure to include a case or two for each point. Once you've gone through the AR, apply it to the scenario. Do the same for the MR, stating what it is and the components, with cases, and then apply.

Do this properly and you'll get full marks
    Thank you so much!! Think I've got it now.

ReputationRep:
    Identify the offence - "D may be charged with the offence of ... under S.? ... Act of Parliment ? in relation to "what did they do?"
    Define the elements of the offencce
    AR - The AR of the offence is ... (use cases)... apply what D in the scenario Did.. D therefore does/does not have AR
    MR - The MR of the offence is ... (Use cases). Apply relevant MR (Direct int/ind intent/Reck) Use words in scenario (D therefore has or does not have the necessary MR)
    Conclude that D will or will not be charged and face sentence... as they satisfy both the AR and MR of the offence

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.