Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I am hoping to do an undergraduate history degree and wondered if anyone could tell me what the university time commitment is likely to be?
    Does anyone have a timetable for this year?

Thanks
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi there,

Thank you for your post.

On average, the BA (Hons) History programme has about 15 hours per week contact time. This is generally spread across four days, though can vary dependingon the units you elect to take.

I hope this helps,
    Best wishes,
    Stewart
    Course Enquiries

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your reply. I have childcare commitments and I wondered if you were able to advise whether I would be expected to be in university in the evenings and until what time?
    I'm trying to consider the best childcare options, so it would be useful to know if it is likely that I would be getting home after 6pm.
    Many thanks
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi there,

On average, the latest you’ll finish your History classes will be 4:00pm, though there might be an occasional 5:00pm finish. None of your classes will be delivered during the evening.

Best wishes,

Stewart
    Course Enquiries

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.