Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know of any good notes in where i can self teach geometric series and trig?

C2 btw

Also how would i go around doing so?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benchking)
    Does anybody know of any good notes in where i can self teach geometric series and trig?

C2 btw

Also how would i go around doing so?
    https://170dde7cc7261eb3c6c2ea6ebb29...ry%20Notes.pdf
    here's a quick summary(not made by me)
    http://www.examsolutions.net/maths-r.../C2/module.php
    here's a website which teaches you with a utube vid

ReputationRep:
    i am the self-teaching master (been doing it from my GCSEs all the way up to my masters degree).

maths is all about past papers. don't go through your textbook or any of that sh*t. you start off by going on the examsolutions website and watch him go through each question (do this for say, 3 papers). after that attempt the papers on your own and refer back to examsolutions when your stuck (if the mark scheme doesn't make sense). maths (especially at A-level) is just the same questions getting repeated over and over again with different figures.

i got 91% in C2 if i recall correctly. never went to classes, never picked up a textbook, just went through the papers. looking back at it now there's no excuse to not 100% the exam. good luck brother.

ReputationRep:
    I learnt a lot of C2 from Examsolutions, their videos are well detailed and explained.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Chapo Jr.)
    i am the self-teaching master (been doing it from my GCSEs all the way up to my masters degree).

maths is all about past papers. don't go through your textbook or any of that sh*t. you start off by going on the examsolutions website and watch him go through each question (do this for say, 3 papers). after that attempt the papers on your own and refer back to examsolutions when your stuck (if the mark scheme doesn't make sense). maths (especially at A-level) is just the same questions getting repeated over and over again with different figures.

i got 91% in C2 if i recall correctly. never went to classes, never picked up a textbook, just went through the papers. looking back at it now there's no excuse to not 100% the exam. good luck brother.
    that 9% you lost is bc you didn't go to lessons obviously

ReputationRep:
    Use the textbook if you want to learn how to do it and use examsolutions videos if you're suck on a past paper question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefatone)
    that 9% you lost is bc you didn't go to lessons obviously
    had the worst attendance in the class and came out with the best result, sup?

ReputationRep:

thanks chapo

ReputationRep:
    Pick your exam boards standard textbook and just work through all the exercises and explanations in that. Once you've gone through the textbook, do every past paper and check them critically against the markschenes, make a note if all the stuff the examiners wrre specifically giving marks for so you don't lose the easy exam technique marks. Easy

ReputationRep:
    thanks chapo
    trust me, textbooks are a waste of time in maths. anyone giving you that advice does not know how to revise. you need to be efficient with your revision time.

the difference at degree level is you won't have as many past papers and you won't be given solutions to them, so you should really take advantage of the free A/A* you get given at a-level.

ReputationRep:
    trust me, textbooks are a waste of time in maths. anyone giving you that advice does not know how to revise. you need to be efficient with your revision time.

the difference at degree level is you won't have as many past papers and you won't be given solutions to them, so you should really take advantage of the free A/A* you get given at a-level.
    yep ive never used the textbook for core 1, just did past papers and get 90%+

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dragonkeeper999)
    Pick your exam boards standard textbook and just work through all the exercises and explanations in that. Once you've gone through the textbook, do every past paper and check them critically against the markschenes, make a note if all the stuff the examiners wrre specifically giving marks for so you don't lose the easy exam technique marks. Easy
    das **** imo

ReputationRep:
    had the worst attendance in the class and came out with the best result, sup?
    nice

ReputationRep:

Omg thank you so fot the advice im sef teaching as edexcel maths and i didnt know how to revise correctly and i was always through the textbook and it didnt help much. I am gonna do lots of past papera from now on thank you. Ans what was your final As grade if you dont sharing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetiemelx)
    Omg thank you so fot the advice im sef teaching as edexcel maths and i didnt know how to revise correctly and i was always through the textbook and it didnt help much. I am gonna do lots of past papera from now on thank you. Ans what was your final As grade if you dont sharing
    i got an A. there was no A* when i was around but if its 90% then i think i would have missed out on it ever so slightly.

have the textbook next to you; you'll need it if the mark scheme and examsolutions guy don't make sense (a rare occasion).

i can change all of your bum lives. this is the realest advice you'll ever get on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    i got an A. there was no A* when i was around but if its 90% then i think i would have missed out on it ever so slightly.

have the textbook next to you; you'll need it if the mark scheme and examsolutions guy don't make sense (a rare occasion).

i can change all of your bum lives. this is the realest advice you'll ever get on TSR.
    LOL.

Will Chapo escape for a 3rd time?

ReputationRep:

the difference at degree level is you won't have as many past papers
    That's not true. Cambridge Maths Tripos.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    That's not true. Cambridge Maths Tripos.
    hey zacken

ReputationRep:
    hey zacken
    Hey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Hey.
    do you do maths tutoring? I pay big.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 8, 2016

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
Do you have a role model?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Equations

Best calculators for A level Maths

Tips on which model to get

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.