Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

In the UK, how many boys are circumcised? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I was watching the to do list, and it talks about how most boys (at the time it was set) are circumcised at birth. I wanted to know if this was still true, or if boys are now being circumcised later on or at all. I ask because, as a virgin, I have made the decision to start my own to do list (dont ask why or anything, please just stick to the question at hand), and this is something I want to know about before anything happens.

ReputationRep:
    The only boy I know who is circumcised did it for medical reasons.

ReputationRep:
    There are exactly 69 people circumcised in the UK. No more, no less.

ReputationRep:
    I'm circumcised for medical reasons. A lot of men are.. Why?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not me. 100% pure untainted meat stick as the lord god allah intended

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KayleeReidXOXO)
    I was watching the to do list, and it talks about how most boys (at the time it was set) are circumcised at birth. I wanted to know if this was still true, or if boys are now being circumcised later on or at all. I ask because, as a virgin, I have made the decision to start my own to do list (dont ask why or anything, please just stick to the question at hand), and this is something I want to know about before anything happens.
    How would knowing this info affect your to do list? Just curious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KayleeReidXOXO)
    the film is an American film, in America majority of boys are circumcised at birth.
    in the UK, not unless for religious or particular medical reasons.

ReputationRep:
    As above... In North America it seems to be very routine which I find rather strange. Here in UK mainly religious or medical reasons such as phimosis.
    I think if it is done routinely and not for religious or medical reasons it is really cruel as the head of the penis becomes increasingly less sensitive post circumcision.
    I'm very very pleased I still have mine 😎

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drez999)
    As above... In North America it seems to be very routine which I find rather strange. Here in UK mainly religious or medical reasons such as phimosis.
    I think if it is done routinely and not for religious or medical reasons it is really cruel as the head of the penis becomes increasingly less sensitive post circumcision.
    I'm very very pleased I still have mine 😎
    So you see religion as a reasonable excuse to do something you see as cruel?

I personally don't think it should be done at birth at all unless needed for medical reasons, but perhaps I'm just weird.

As for the OP, I'm not and don't know of any who are, but then again I don't go around looking, so maybe some of my friends are and I just don't know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dheorl)
    So you see religion as a reasonable excuse to do something you see as cruel?

I personally don't think it should be done at birth at all unless needed for medical reasons, but perhaps I'm just weird.

As for the OP, I'm not and don't know of any who are, but then again I don't go around looking, so maybe some of my friends are and I just don't know.
    I stated a fact. I did not excuse (what is impo a cruel act) religion for it at all. 😎

I prefer it. Before I got it done, it always got so dirty. It feels much better now it's off too.

Also the girls I've had one night stands with said that they prefer to suck these types of dicks too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drez999)
    I stated a fact. I did not excuse (what is impo a cruel act) religion for it at all. 😎
    Sorry, the phrasing "I think if it is done routinely and not for religious or medical reasons it is really cruel" made me think that you therefore thought if it was done for religious or medical reasons you thought it wasn't cruel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dheorl)
    Sorry, the phrasing "I think if it is done routinely and not for religious or medical reasons it is really cruel" made me think that you therefore thought if it was done for religious or medical reasons you thought it wasn't cruel.
    No worries, pleased we cleared that one up❤️

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I prefer it. Before I got it done, it always got so dirty.
    Presumably you also had your fingernails removed. A less drastic and more commonly-used remedy for hygiene problems involves soap and water, which is efficaceous on skin all over the body.

ReputationRep:
    Can i just say, Im very happy with the seriousness of all these replies! Thanks, theyre helpful to me, keep them coming!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 6, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.