University stories of a FIRST CLASS in the last month or so?

Watch
theseeker
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi

Are there any motivating stories anyone has regarding people getting firsts in the last month or so of university life and changing their overall uni degree from a 2:1 to a first?
University of Glasgow
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by theseeker)
Hi

Are there any motivating stories anyone has regarding people getting firsts in the last month or so of university life and changing their overall uni degree from a 2:1 to a first?
Hey,

One of my good friends is actually a pretty good example of this. It wasn't quite as dramatic as doing everything in the last month, but still impressive nonetheless. Entering their last year, they were sitting at a pretty low 2:1, and knew they had to do a lot in their final year. After their first semester, they brought their GPA up a bit, but were still sitting at a 2:1. Basically, to get a first, they needed to virtually ace everything, and have a very strong final project/dissertation, which they did, and got a first.

If you're concerned about not achieving a first, definitely discuss your current academic standing with a lecturer or a counselor, they should advise you well on it. Many courses don't necessarily have the same cut-off for a 2:1 or a first. For example, if you prove in your final year that you can do incredibly well, and you boost your GPA a lot, they may still award a first if you're close enough to it. Definitely talk to your department about it, though, as it changes from place to place.

If you put in the work, it can definitely be achievable to get a first.

Scott
Undergraduate Rep
School of Engineering
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (6)
10.34%
I need help researching courses (5)
8.62%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
5.17%
I need help with my personal statement (25)
43.1%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (14)
24.14%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
3.45%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
5.17%

Watched Threads