Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Philosophy&Ethics (R.S) at AS level but I DESPISE R.S. I'm having panic attacks due to it because I don't know how to revise it, I don't understand any of the content and I'm just genuinely terrified of it now lol

It's so different from my other subjects in terms of how to study it, the content and just layout. Science is a clear answer subject, as in you're either right or wrong. R.S is completely the opposite! I'm just struggling with it so much and I don't know what to do.

I know every school is different but idk I thought I'd just ask, in case anyone has dropped a subject mid year. Also I was going to continue with bio, chem and physics at A-Level and so I would've dropped R.S anyway. I'm planning to do Biomedicine at uni which also doesn't require R.S.

Thanks!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by maddie.gardiner)
    I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Philosophy&Ethics (R.S) at AS level but I DESPISE R.S. I'm having panic attacks due to it because I don't know how to revise it, I don't understand any of the content and I'm just genuinely terrified of it now lol

It's so different from my other subjects in terms of how to study it, the content and just layout. Science is a clear answer subject, as in you're either right or wrong. R.S is completely the opposite! I'm just struggling with it so much and I don't know what to do.

I know every school is different but idk I thought I'd just ask, in case anyone has dropped a subject mid year. Also I was going to continue with bio, chem and physics at A-Level and so I would've dropped R.S anyway. I'm planning to do Biomedicine at uni which also doesn't require R.S.

Thanks!
    My friend dropped one around this time and it was no problem. Definitely just speak to someone and explain your reasoning. I can't see why they wouldn't let you. I dropped the EPQ like a week before it had to be handed in

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    My friend dropped one around this time and it was no problem. Definitely just speak to someone and explain your reasoning. I can't see why they wouldn't let you. I dropped the EPQ like a week before it had to be handed in

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha that's a little reassuring. Thank you! I'll probably ask them about it when we go back to school next week.

ReputationRep:
    Yes but double check with your college, if they have already paid your entry free to the exam then they might attempt to compensate that from you.

I don't think it's a good decision considering we're one month before the exam, but it's entirely your choice.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    You might be able to, depending on your school. However it is really close to the exams so what you could do is do the RS exam and then leave it and after half term in May, continue with your other subjects. But talk to the school because you might be able to leave it within a week. But usually schools pay exam fees two months prior and create timetables so it could be possible that they may charge you, highly unlikely though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    Yes but double check with your college, if they have already paid your entry free to the exam then they might attempt to compensate that from you.

I don't think it's a good decision considering we're one month before the exam, but it's entirely your choice.
    Yeah I know it's one month before the exam, but I'd rather have only three AS's but with relatively good grades rather than 4 AS's with lower grades and R.S probably being a U or an E.

And yeah, we've already got the timetables so I'm unsure as to what would happen there but I'll probably just ask.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maddie.gardiner)
    Yeah I know it's one month before the exam, but I'd rather have only three AS's but with relatively good grades rather than 4 AS's with lower grades and R.S probably being a U or an E.

And yeah, we've already got the timetables so I'm unsure as to what would happen there but I'll probably just ask.
    I understand why you want to, it's entirely your decision

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.