What are the things you wish you knew before starting uni? Watch

raepadgham
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm apply for university next yea and was just wondering if anyone had any advice they wished/would have founded useful to know before they started?
super_kawaii
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by raepadgham)
I'm apply for university next yea and was just wondering if anyone had any advice they wished/would have founded useful to know before they started?
If you're in self catered accommodation, bring at least a couple of days worth of food with you. You don't want the extra stress of going food shopping when you're trying to find your way around a new city when you should be using the first week to meet new people and make friends

Get involved with societies from day one. They're a brilliant way of making new friends as well as continuing current interests or exploring new ones.

Find a bucket list of things to do as a student in the city you're going to and make an effort to do everything, preferably with friends so you can use it as a bonding experience
raepadgham
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by super_kawaii)
If you're in self catered accommodation, bring at least a couple of days worth of food with you. You don't want the extra stress of going food shopping when you're trying to find your way around a new city when you should be using the first week to meet new people and make friends

Get involved with societies from day one. They're a brilliant way of making new friends as well as continuing current interests or exploring new ones.

Find a bucket list of things to do as a student in the city you're going to and make an effort to do everything, preferably with friends so you can use it as a bonding experience
Thanks, that's super helpful!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (116)
45.85%
Pro-humanity (137)
54.15%

Watched Threads