Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Planning on writing a manga. Need some opinions on what makes a good manga. It's going to be a shonen/seinen type manga.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Konahagakure)
    Planning on writing a manga. Need some opinions on what makes a good manga. It's going to be a shonen/seinen type manga.
    Be unique and make the main protagonist a girl.

ReputationRep:
    I'm also planning on creating a manga. I'll be focusing on sports as i believe that genre is really lacking, you've a few good ones like haikyuu, yowamushi pedal, diamond no ace etc but thats the problem, we don't have a lot of good ones. ive got the jiff my story and im working on my charcaters as I'm stuck on furthering the plot. btw im an art student who'll be studying illustration and graphics at coventry uni this year, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    All shonen have one thing in common :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roxy1331)
    Be unique and make the main protagonist a girl.
    Ahh that's kind of hard to do from the perspective of a male🤔🤔

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daniemorgan)
    I'm also planning on creating a manga. I'll be focusing on sports as i believe that genre is really lacking, you've a few good ones like haikyuu, yowamushi pedal, diamond no ace etc but thats the problem, we don't have a lot of good ones. ive got the jiff my story and im working on my charcaters as I'm stuck on furthering the plot. btw im an art student who'll be studying illustration and graphics at coventry uni this year, what about you?
    I've got the main outline for my plot and I've done the majority of the character designs. It's taken 3 years to reach a point where I was mildly satisfied with the premise of the story. Unfortunately I don't do anything related to art (I do biomedical science) so I might have it harder than you. I need to improve my art before I can really start it. I actually post most of my stuff on Instagram and DeviantArt.

ReputationRep:
    whats your instagram ill give you a follow

ReputationRep:
    @Fuksanyuksan1997

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the follow 👍

ReputationRep:
    mcdonalds worker by day
    hero by night story

goofy guy and bad jokes

that will be a seller

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Konahagakure)
    Have you got a basic concept so far? I've read and watched a fair amount of shonen manga and anime and I'd be more than happy to help with anything.
    I would tend to avoid things that are over used - like the protagonist being all-powerful from the very beginning which kinda ruins the experience as you know they'll always win. I think it's best to make them likable overall else no one'll like them XD
    Hope this helped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SilverActor2033)
    Have you got a basic concept so far? I've read and watched a fair amount of shonen manga and anime and I'd be more than happy to help with anything.
    I would tend to avoid things that are over used - like the protagonist being all-powerful from the very beginning which kinda ruins the experience as you know they'll always win. I think it's best to make them likable overall else no one'll like them XD
    Hope this helped
    Yeah the main concept is there. I'm trying to make it start off as a shounen and transition into a seinen as my main protagonist grows up. Yeah I don't like OP characters there's no tension which makes it kind of boring (Saitama is an exception).

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 23, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.