Is eight years too big of an age gap? Watch

EsGal
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm talking 18 year old girl, finishing A-Levels, relatively intelligent just of a long term relationship and just wanting some fun experiences before going to uni.
26 year old guy, kind of bad news in terms of his history (in terms of relationships/with the law), father, but so damn hot.
I have been warned that he is bad news and that he is too old, but I don't want a relationship. What do you think I should do?
ikram1ali
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
8 years is quite a big age gap. With that being said though, its your choice if you want to have "fun" with this guy. Whatever you decide to do just make sure you make your intentions clear to him - that your just looking for some fun and nothing long term. Hope this helps
lozzap1223
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Go for it! I did and I have not regrets
username2151383
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
tbh he sounds like someone to avoid
Zarek
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Outside the 1/2 age + 7 rule, plus he sounds like a scoundrel. Personally I would save yourself for a uni bonkfest with guys nearer your own age and life phase.
lozzap1223
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Zarek)
Outside the 1/2 age + 7 rule, plus he sounds like a scoundrel. Personally I would save yourself for a uni bonkfest with guys nearer your own age and life phase.
Whats the 1/2 + 7 rule? haha
Anonymous #1
Report 2 years ago
Yeah he's like 1/2 generation older lol
thefatone
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by EsGal)
I'm talking 18 year old girl, finishing A-Levels, relatively intelligent just of a long term relationship and just wanting some fun experiences before going to uni.
26 year old guy, kind of bad news in terms of his history (in terms of relationships/with the law), father, but so damn hot.
I have been warned that he is bad news and that he is too old, but I don't want a relationship. What do you think I should do?
the gap could be bigger....
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
Age isnt a problem, but he is. You think you can deal with it, then you need to give it a go and learn from the experience.
Zarek
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by lozzap1223)
Whats the 1/2 + 7 rule? haha
This important equation defines the youngest age of person you should date. Half your own age + 7. It can of course be rearranged, if I could be bothered, to calculate the oldest person OP should date. Probably 24/25. But anyway he sounds like BAD NEWS.
Milzime
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
smash and dash xo
LiquidGold
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Not so much the age gap, but more the fact you are still only doing a levels and he's a proper adult, and the fact people are telling you he is 'bad news'. I wouldnt go there.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
Im 19 and i found it very disgusting that a 28 year old guy wanted to pursue a relationship with me, ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
ODES_PDES
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I do not think so.
My parents met when my mum was 18 and my father 30.
(they had me 2 years later)
lozzap1223
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Zarek)
This important equation defines the youngest age of person you should date. Half your own age + 7. It can of course be rearranged, if I could be bothered, to calculate the oldest person OP should date. Probably 24/25. But anyway he sounds like BAD NEWS.
okay got ya. makes sense
Drunk Punx
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I wouldn't.
Goaded
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
if i liked someone and they were 40 years older i wouldn't care

my ideal age gaps are 5 - 10 years tho, so 8 is fine
M5 Ghost
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by EsGal)
Well my mums mother and father have a 20 year gap so... You have nothing to worry about go and enjoy!!
jamesthehustler
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
my parents gap is 17 years (43 and 60) and my mother's friends gap was 28 years (42 and 70)

(Original post by thefatone)
the gap could be bigger....
urbanlocations
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Goaded)
if i liked someone and they were 40 years older i wouldn't care

my ideal age gaps are 5 - 10 years tho, so 8 is fine

Go on my lad
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (7)
17.07%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (18)
43.9%
Nope, not that interesting (16)
39.02%

Watched Threads