Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ive heard we can find out online whether weve been accepted into uni on results day. what time can we find out
    cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by horrorboy)
    ive heard we can find out online whether weve been accepted into uni on results day. what time can we find out
    cheers
    officially it's something like 1pm, but last year people say it wasn't til the next day

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    officially it's something like 1pm, but last year people say it wasn't til the next day

lou xxx
    cheers when is results day lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by horrorboy)
    cheers when is results day lol
    a/as levels is thursday 19th august
    gcses- 26th august

lou xxx

ReputationRep:

lou xxx
    I think the site went down last year, or at least it was congested, as sooo many ppl were checking it!

ReputationRep:

lou xxx
    Last year the official time was mid-day but some on this forum said their acceptable/unacceptable decisions were posted around 11 am.

ReputationRep:
    If you check your applications on www.UCAS.co.uk you should be able to find out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn1)
    Last year the official time was mid-day but some on this forum said their acceptable/unacceptable decisions were posted around 11 am.
    Although the official time was midday, I couldn't get onto the UCAS Tracker all day last year. I don't think it was due to the amount of people checking either, as I always got a message saying that the site had been locked.

ReputationRep:
    I checked it on my phone from the pub last year- it was around 1 o clock and it worked fine.

ReputationRep:
    how -do- you find out?? and do you contact ucas or university?

ReputationRep:
    IB students get their results july 6th, and from that they can determine whether or not they were accepted same thing applies to everyone else.

ReputationRep:
    Okie.. I'll try that out. But do we get to know our grades?

I'm in Brunei and we get our results like a week later which is so annoying. I won't go onto UKL then coz' it'll just be horrible not knowing what my grades are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niusyla)
    how -do- you find out?? and do you contact ucas or university?
    You log onto the ucas website where they keep a record of all your applications and their status. Hopefully on the results day the acceptance status will change to unconditional if you achieved what you hoped for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsunflower)
    Okie.. I'll try that out. But do we get to know our grades?

I'm in Brunei and we get our results like a week later which is so annoying. I won't go onto UKL then coz' it'll just be horrible not knowing what my grades are.
    The UCAS tracker will only tell you whether you've been accepted or not, rather than actual grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    You log onto the ucas website where they keep a record of all your applications and their status. Hopefully on the results day the acceptance status will change to unconditional if you achieved what you hoped for.
    It changes to 'Accepted' and goes a nice bright red colour!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    If you check your applications on www.UCAS.co.uk you should be able to find out.
    UCAS Track is taken off line a few days before results day until a few days after...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    UCAS Track is taken off line a few days before results day until a few days after...
    This is what I thought, as I couldn't access the tracker on results day. There was a rumour at our school that the UCAS Tracker would be updated at midnight. Disappointing! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    Last year it was definitely online for the afternoon of results day. They don't close it, they freeze the status (i.e. don't update the system) until around mid day of results day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuvverRussia)
    Last year it was definitely online for the afternoon of results day. They don't close it, they freeze the status (i.e. don't update the system) until around mid day of results day.
    I applied last year - mine and everyone elses I know was frozen for a few days...

ReputationRep:
    I don't think they should disable the system during results day.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.