Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ok so i need a some good advice and it would be great if i could get other peoples opinions on this, my current situation is that i am 23 years old and ive been to university twice flopped both times because im a ****. But the real issue is that im going to uni this year to study law at city university and basically student finance aren't going to fund me so ive been looking at the scholarships and busary section for city university and theres some requirements for the scholarships for example to get the award you needed to have not studied an undergraduate course before, but in my personal statement city uni don't know about that i flopped 2 unis in my past so im planning to be a bit cheeky and lie and pretend this will be the first time ive ever studied an undergraduate programme, WILL IT WORK? (it ant right but i have to do it because i need the money)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abzdinho)
    in my personal statement city uni don't know about that i flopped 2 unis in my past so im planning to be a bit cheeky and lie and pretend this will be the first time ive ever studied an undergraduate programme, WILL IT WORK? (it ant right but i have to do it because i need the money)
    Depends whether the uni checks your status with SF. Big gamble. If they find that you've lied on your application, you'll probably be thrown out. As for committing fraud to get the bursary - same again, with a demand for full immediate repayment and interest/admin costs on top.

It's not just "a bit cheeky", it's fraud. Up to you. Are you really that desperate for a degree? (Especially from City). The consequences of being found out could follow you for the rest of your life.

ReputationRep:
    So how are you planning to pay the fees?...

ReputationRep:
    im gonna get a job then save the money to pay for it, or if worst case scenario that doesnt work ill use private strudent loans company, Do you have any alternatives to help me lol?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klix88)
    Are you really that desperate for a degree? (Especially from City)
    Savage.

But I agree with everyone, OP - it's a big risk, and it will hang over you regardless of whether you're eventually caught or not if you do end up spending time there as a student.

ReputationRep:
    Ill take the advice and be wise i wont do it

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 7, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.