Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I've been looking to apply for postgraduate accommodation and I honestly have no idea what to pick :confused:

I like the sound of either Maclay or Kelvinhaugh Street. The fact that Maclay is postgrads only is quite appealing plus there's an en suite bathroom but the price is putting me off somewhat. Kelvinhaugh sounds okay, does anyone know whether the shared bathroom facilities are good? I'm quite fussy about bathrooms and from what I understand, Kelvinhaugh doesn't have a wash hand basin either in the room. Also, does anyone have any experiences with Winton Drive as it seems to be quite similar to Kelvinhaugh, has a wash hand basin in the room but is also a bit further away from the city centre? I'm not bothered about parties and such anymore, I just want a quiet place to get through my degree haha. Any advice is much appreciated
    Also, if anyone is in the same situation, feel free to comment with your thoughts on this
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    (Original post by heidii)
    Hi everyone, I've been looking to apply for postgraduate accommodation and I honestly have no idea what to pick :confused:

I like the sound of either Maclay or Kelvinhaugh Street. The fact that Maclay is postgrads only is quite appealing plus there's an en suite bathroom but the price is putting me off somewhat. Kelvinhaugh sounds okay, does anyone know whether the shared bathroom facilities are good? I'm quite fussy about bathrooms and from what I understand, Kelvinhaugh doesn't have a wash hand basin either in the room. Also, does anyone have any experiences with Winton Drive as it seems to be quite similar to Kelvinhaugh, has a wash hand basin in the room but is also a bit further away from the city centre? I'm not bothered about parties and such anymore, I just want a quiet place to get through my degree haha. Any advice is much appreciated
    Also, if anyone is in the same situation, feel free to comment with your thoughts on this
    Hi there Heidi what are you studying? c:

I saw you were looking at somewhere quiet near the city centre to get through your degree, and I was just wondering if you'd heard of us? We have great accommodation in Glasgow, each room with an en-suite shower room (which would be great for you!) And cool on-site facilities like gyms and cinemas, so if you wanted to have a look our Glasgow page is http://www.collegiate-ac.com/uk-stud...dation/glasgow

I'm here for any questions or anything you might want or need c:

Amelia x

ReputationRep:

Hi heidii

In Kelvinhaugh Street and Winton Drive later year undergraduate and postgraduate students stay in different blocks, so you'll be sharing your flat with other UofG postgraduate students!

Shared bathroom facilities are similar at Kelvinhaugh Street and Winton Drive. Students share one shower and one toilet which are in separate units so both can be used at the same time. As you mentioned, the difference is that Winton Drive offers sinks in all rooms.

Both Kelvinhaugh and Maclay Residences are a 10-15 minute walk to Campus. Winton Drive is in a quiet residential area next to the Botanic Gardens, a walk to Campus takes around 20 minutes.

Best,
    Sandra
    Accommodation Services

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Collegiate Accommodation)
    Hi there Heidi what are you studying? c:

I saw you were looking at somewhere quiet near the city centre to get through your degree, and I was just wondering if you'd heard of us? We have great accommodation in Glasgow, each room with an en-suite shower room (which would be great for you!) And cool on-site facilities like gyms and cinemas, so if you wanted to have a look our Glasgow page is http://www.collegiate-ac.com/uk-stud...dation/glasgow

I'm here for any questions or anything you might want or need c:

Amelia x
    Thanks very much, I'll have a look x

I have an offer for MSc Russian, East European and Eurasian Studies and also applying for an MRes in the same programme

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by University of Glasgow Accommodation)
    Hi heidii

In Kelvinhaugh Street and Winton Drive later year undergraduate and postgraduate students stay in different blocks, so you'll be sharing your flat with other UofG postgraduate students!

Shared bathroom facilities are similar at Kelvinhaugh Street and Winton Drive. Students share one shower and one toilet which are in separate units so both can be used at the same time. As you mentioned, the difference is that Winton Drive offers sinks in all rooms.

Both Kelvinhaugh and Maclay Residences are a 10-15 minute walk to Campus. Winton Drive is in a quiet residential area next to the Botanic Gardens, a walk to Campus takes around 20 minutes.

Best,
    Sandra
    Accommodation Services
    Thank you for your help! I've listed Maclay as my first choice and Winton Drive as my second

ReputationRep:
    Thanks very much, I'll have a look x

I have an offer for MSc Russian, East European and Eurasian Studies and also applying for an MRes in the same programme
    Wow! Congratulations that sounds really interesting good luck!

Amelia xx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.