The Student Room Group

Is it better to?...

Is it better to do loads of past papers or just spend time making loads of notes. I havent finished my notes and i dont know if I have enough time
depends when are your exams?
Original post by thefatone
depends when are your exams?

my first exam is May 3 then there is half term. Then it starts again on the 16th
sure why not go ahead and use those papers then use other boards papers.
Igcse English Language right?
Make your notes and every time you finish writing enough for a topic, say for example you finish paper 1 for history, do past papers for that section so that way you're mixing it up !
Original post by ShahbazKHAN
Igcse English Language right?

Yeah
Original post by rosie.mn
Make your notes and every time you finish writing enough for a topic, say for example you finish paper 1 for history, do past papers for that section so that way you're mixing it up !

Ahh! I regret not making notes earlier and now its too late
Reply 7
What subject?
IGCSE is easy... Just practice exam questions which resorts to you getting used to whats it like and ect.. GL btw :smile: I am going to need luck but meh
Original post by M14B
What subject?

for all subjects
Reply 10
For science and maths do notes then loads of papers
Original post by M14B
For science and maths do notes then loads of papers

how could you make notes from a revision guide? i find it quite hard to condense alot of information and sometimes just copy it word for word
Depends what works for you really, for example for maths I would say looking at past papers and if you get any questions wrong revising the topic again until you do get it. For English Lit remember key ideas and quotations for the stories or poems you do that you can analyse easily, so you will know where to look in the exam. For most subjects I would say notes work and then do past papers? If you have the time
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 13
Personally, I find that it depends on the subject.
For example for Maths, Psychology and languages past papers are very useful but for English, history and subjects like that notes are really good.
I think that possibly the 1 subject in which both is probably very useful is science (especially Biology and maybe Chemistry) although physics is mainly graphs so past papers are good for that.
Basically, I do past papers when I'm running out of time and don't have the patience either to make notes.

Quick Reply

Latest