Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I have 4 offers: (all degrees are undergraduate)
    1) Finance with sandwich year (Lancaster);
    2) International business, finance and economics with sandwich year (Manchester);
    3) Finance and Investment Banking (Reading);
    4) Investment and Financial Risk Management with sandwich year (City... or cass?)

Which is the best university? I am not from UK, so I know something only because of read articles/seen rankings (a loooooot of rankings).
    I will get bsc from Cass or from City?

At the moment I am thinking about Manchester... There I will take all modules connected with finance, so it will be rather similar program as finance (Manchester). Some doubts about reading since of ICMA and CFA accreditation which I am planning to achieve...

Frankly speaking I do not know exactly what I will do in the future except the fact that the area of work will be closely related to finance.

PS. I know that the universities which I have applied are not best but I have listened to one person who have been saying to choose university by looking at courses. Now I regret this decision cause I would be applying to better, more reputable universities with courses less connected with finance cause as I know the reputation of uni is everything and the content of course is not so much important.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kamekadzeee)
    Hi. I have 4 offers: (all degrees are undergraduate)
    1) Finance with sandwich year (Lancaster);
    2) International business, finance and economics with sandwich year (Manchester);
    3) Finance and Investment Banking (Reading);
    4) Investment and Financial Risk Management with sandwich year (City... or cass?)

Which is the best university? I am not from UK, so I know something only because of read articles/seen rankings (a loooooot of rankings).
    I will get bsc from Cass or from City?

At the moment I am thinking about Manchester... There I will take all modules connected with finance, so it will be rather similar program as finance (Manchester). Some doubts about reading since of ICMA and CFA accreditation which I am planning to achieve...

Frankly speaking I do not know exactly what I will do in the future except the fact that the area of work will be closely related to finance.

PS. I know that the universities which I have applied are not best but I have listened to one person who have been saying to choose university by looking at courses. Now I regret this decision cause I would be applying to better, more reputable universities with courses less connected with finance cause as I know the reputation of uni is everything and the content of course is not so much important.
    Both Manchester and City are good. It depends on you and whether you want to live in London or Manchester. I chose City with Banking and International Finance and my insurance is Manchester - Finance because I want to live in London and I think that I will have better chances for internships in London. The reputation of the university is important but both City and Manchester have a good reputation in the field of Finance. If you choose City, you will study at Cass. Cass is the business school of the City university.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the opinion. Still waiting more ideas.

ReputationRep:
    As a Lancaster student with experience as part of their Management School (LUMS), I'd say it's a good university, but it depends what you want to get out of your degree.

I know LUMS has a good reputation in national league tables, and they certainly do put a lot into the careers aspect of students development. But, on the other hand, you may find that the slightly more specific-seeming natures of the other courses you've received offers for are more appealing or catered to what you want to study.

I minored in Finance at my first year at Lancaster and enjoyed it, they support students pretty well and the lecturers were approachable and happy to help. That's something I wanted from my university experience, so found it enjoyable, but again, you might be looking for something else.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.