This discussion is closed.
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
Have you ever been?
To Bluewater? Yes, it's quite simply, amazing.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
I mean't the trafford centre. You said Bluewater was better, but you haven't said if you have been the Trafford Centre.
Cossack
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
this is just a really thrilling thread, im on the edge of my seat
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I mean't the trafford centre. You said Bluewater was better, but you haven't said if you have been the Trafford Centre.

No I haven't, but I'd ask you the same question.....

Looking at the list of stores at the Trafford Centre is hardly inspiring.
Fluffy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Come on! I'm a southerner, and proud of it, but Bluewater is pants compared to the Trafford Centre and the Arnedale!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Liverpool city centre is very compact when it comes to shopping...although it was a sad day when Quiggins was bought up (http://www.quiggins.com/home.html) Quiggins is fantastic http://www.bbc.co.uk/liverpool/featu...ng/index.shtml

They're currently planning to build on the scrubby grass park between the town centre and the albert dock which will give some much needed space for bigger shops (and finally will give debenhams somewhere to move into - there just isn't any suitably large buildings atm so department stores are restricted Lewis's and GHLs (John Lewis))
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
No I haven't, but I'd ask you the same question.....

Looking at the list of stores at the Trafford Centre is hardly inspiring.
I am not claiming either is better, I have not been so I cannot comment on Blue Water. However you seem to be sure its better even though you have never been to the Trafford Centre. The Trafford Centre has shops like Selfridges amongst other exclusive stores.

There must be a reason why Bluewater cost £350 million and the Trafford Centre cost £650 million.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Fluffy)
Come on! I'm a southerner, and proud of it, but Bluewater is pants compared to the Trafford Centre and the Arnedale!
Shut up, you Northerner!
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Shut up, you Northerner!
Whatever. It people like you that give Southerners a bad name!!!:rolleyes:
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
Liverpool city centre is very compact when it comes to shopping...although it was a sad day when Quiggins was bought up (http://www.quiggins.com/home.html) Quiggins is fantastic http://www.bbc.co.uk/liverpool/featu...ng/index.shtml

They're currently planning to build on the scrubby grass park between the town centre and the albert dock which will give some much needed space for bigger shops (and finally will give debenhams somewhere to move into - there just isn't any suitably large buildings atm so department stores are restricted Lewis's and GHLs (John Lewis))
That might be a good idea, when I visited Liverpool last week I noticed that park was a bit old and out of date, the Yellow Submarine just looks a bit tacky and dated now as well.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I am not claiming either is better, I have not been so I cannot comment on Blue Water. However you seem to be sure its better even though you have never been to the Trafford Centre. The Trafford Centre has shops like Selfridges amongst other exclusive stores.
How do I "seem to be sure its better"? I just refuted Lord H's claim with two words.

There must be a reason why Bluewater cost £350 million and the Trafford Centre cost £650 million.
Well, I know someone that works for the company that built Bluewater and he says that they get so many contracts because they vastly undercut other building companies.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Do I really care? You must ask yourself.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Don't worry I know most southerners are not like Bigcnee thank god!
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Do I really care? You must ask yourself.
Clearly, or you wouldn't have turned a thread about nice places to visit into a petty arguement about the North/South divide.
Fluffy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well, I know someone that works for the company that built Bluewater and he says that they get so many contracts because they vastly undercut other building companies.
And what company might that be?
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Its funny how nobody has mention that peice of concrete in the west midlands in this thread
you mean Wolverhampton?

I think it's because some of us have better things to do than argue about which is the best shopping centre in the country. Come on... shopping centre. Especially when the people arguing are people who haven't actually seen the places their opponents are arguing about, except for stupid statistics and historical facts that they pulled off the net.

Anyway, I think it's actually quite well known that because of the Northern "inferiority complex" people round here are less arrogant because they don't feel they're trying to prove themselves against people from the south.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well, I know the person that owns Bluewater and he says that the Trafford centre is ten times better.

Of course it's possible I'm lying ...
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Clearly, or you wouldn't have turned a thread about nice places to visit into a petty arguement about the North/South divide.
I didn't. I simply pointed out that the Northerners (i.e. amazingtrade and Lord H.) always hijack these kinds of threads and refuse to acknowledge anything South of Birmingham. It then develops into a pathetic argument over why Manchester is better than Birmingham, Liverpool is better than London, etc...
Sadly I'm getting involved.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Don't worry I know most southerners are not like Bigcnee thank god!
Unfortunately, most Northerners I know are like you.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
And what company might that be?
Laing O'Rourke. Although I believe it was O'Rourke at the time.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (17)
94.44%
No (1)
5.56%

Watched Threads