Re: Edexcel Geography Unit 4 Tectonic activity & Hazards (2016)

Watch
Jacobv
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Is anyone else doing tectonics?
I need help
AindowJ
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What do you need help with?
Jacobv
Rep:
?
What themes would be best to provide clear landscapes?
Either location, process or others because I don't know.

Also any case studies.
Ambersicle
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jacobv)
What themes would be best to provide clear landscapes?
Either location, process or others because I don't know.

Also any case studies.
Hi, I think the best thing would be to make sure you have examples of landscapes using a variety of plate boundaries. At my school we're doing western USA as one landscape, which will include things such as the San Andreas Fault, Cascades, etc. Another good case study would be Hawaii as an oceanic hotspot, and the Himayalas as an example of landscapes formed by a collision plate boundary. I feel like there's resources for Himalayas from past synoptic pre-releases!

I hope this helps a little
Jacobv
Rep:
?
Thank you, this will help
Tdkh98
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I can send you a draft I have written if that would help you with structure case studies etc ...
Ella Cowderoy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
would you mind sending me this?
I'm very stuck with this whole unit four situation, thank you so much!
(Original post by Tdkh98)
I can send you a draft I have written if that would help you with structure case studies etc ...
NimbleNeil
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So, is this report going to be only about number 2 on the specification : "What impact does tectonic activity have on landscapes and why does this impact vary".
Does that mean I don't need to learn other stuff like hazards and human factors?
jxmesy
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
would you be able to send me this too? sorry if im sounding cheeky
jxmesy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by NimbleNeil)
So, is this report going to be only about number 2 on the specification : "What impact does tectonic activity have on landscapes and why does this impact vary".
Does that mean I don't need to learn other stuff like hazards and human factors?
yep from what i know we dont need to know anything about humans like why do humans live on plate boundarys etc its all about the tectonics and earth itself and what landscapes are formed at different plate boundarys etc
NimbleNeil
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jxmesy)
yep from what i know we dont need to know anything about humans like why do humans live on plate boundarys etc its all about the tectonics and earth itself and what landscapes are formed at different plate boundarys etc
This is fantastic news.
I study Geology and will be doing a geology degree so this sounds right up my street
LemonerChlo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Could you send me one too?
jxmesy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by NimbleNeil)
This is fantastic news.
I study Geology and will be doing a geology degree so this sounds right up my street
it definitely is, all about the volcanoes trenches faults plate boundaries grabens etc you will probably know. and from some of the practice questions i got given they hardly vary so preparation should fit really well with whatever question comes up in the exam!
courtneyl7a7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Could you send me your draft as well if you don't mind
geogers
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi Guys, so what landscapes are people focusing on? Looking at the 2011 pre release which was very similar the examiners said it was best to focus on places rather than by case study, does everyone agree with this? I have gone for East African rift valley, West USA as two definite areas as they offer a wide variety. Whats everyone's thoughts on other regions?
maria582
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi,
I have chosen East African Rift Valley,West Coast of USA ,Hawaii and Iceland!Could someone send me their notes on West Coast of USA?Mine are very vague in terms of what we need for the report this year!!!
zReevieee
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
can you send me your drafts too please? im really struggling
flojenkins
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does anybody know if ground displacement is the same as ground rupture. I'm trying to do a project on ground displacement but al I can find is about faults and ground ruptures??
Sturrock98
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Could I have look at this please?
zReevieee
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Could you send me this please? would help a lot
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (51)
19.84%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (58)
22.57%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (48)
18.68%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (54)
21.01%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (22)
8.56%
I haven't started researching yet (24)
9.34%

Watched Threads