Turn on thread page Beta

Re: Edexcel Geography Unit 4 Tectonic activity & Hazards (2016) watch

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else doing tectonics?
    I need help

ReputationRep:
    What do you need help with?

ReputationRep:
    What themes would be best to provide clear landscapes?
    Either location, process or others because I don't know.

Also any case studies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacobv)
    What themes would be best to provide clear landscapes?
    Either location, process or others because I don't know.

Also any case studies.
    Hi, I think the best thing would be to make sure you have examples of landscapes using a variety of plate boundaries. At my school we're doing western USA as one landscape, which will include things such as the San Andreas Fault, Cascades, etc. Another good case study would be Hawaii as an oceanic hotspot, and the Himayalas as an example of landscapes formed by a collision plate boundary. I feel like there's resources for Himalayas from past synoptic pre-releases!

I hope this helps a little

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, this will help

ReputationRep:
    I can send you a draft I have written if that would help you with structure case studies etc ...

ReputationRep:
    would you mind sending me this?
    I'm very stuck with this whole unit four situation, thank you so much!
    (Original post by Tdkh98)
    I can send you a draft I have written if that would help you with structure case studies etc ...

ReputationRep:
    So, is this report going to be only about number 2 on the specification : "What impact does tectonic activity have on landscapes and why does this impact vary".
    Does that mean I don't need to learn other stuff like hazards and human factors?

ReputationRep:
    would you be able to send me this too? sorry if im sounding cheeky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NimbleNeil)
    So, is this report going to be only about number 2 on the specification : "What impact does tectonic activity have on landscapes and why does this impact vary".
    Does that mean I don't need to learn other stuff like hazards and human factors?
    yep from what i know we dont need to know anything about humans like why do humans live on plate boundarys etc its all about the tectonics and earth itself and what landscapes are formed at different plate boundarys etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jxmesy)
    yep from what i know we dont need to know anything about humans like why do humans live on plate boundarys etc its all about the tectonics and earth itself and what landscapes are formed at different plate boundarys etc
    This is fantastic news.
    I study Geology and will be doing a geology degree so this sounds right up my street

ReputationRep:
    Could you send me one too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NimbleNeil)
    This is fantastic news.
    I study Geology and will be doing a geology degree so this sounds right up my street
    it definitely is, all about the volcanoes trenches faults plate boundaries grabens etc you will probably know. and from some of the practice questions i got given they hardly vary so preparation should fit really well with whatever question comes up in the exam!

ReputationRep:
    Could you send me your draft as well if you don't mind

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys, so what landscapes are people focusing on? Looking at the 2011 pre release which was very similar the examiners said it was best to focus on places rather than by case study, does everyone agree with this? I have gone for East African rift valley, West USA as two definite areas as they offer a wide variety. Whats everyone's thoughts on other regions?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I have chosen East African Rift Valley,West Coast of USA ,Hawaii and Iceland!Could someone send me their notes on West Coast of USA?Mine are very vague in terms of what we need for the report this year!!!

ReputationRep:
    can you send me your drafts too please? im really struggling

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know if ground displacement is the same as ground rupture. I'm trying to do a project on ground displacement but al I can find is about faults and ground ruptures??

ReputationRep:
    Could I have look at this please?

ReputationRep:
    Could you send me this please? would help a lot

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.