How does a Kidney produce urine? (I hate the kidneys)Watch
not sure if your board require the same or different kind of details.
I'm current revising for my GCSEs and have a question about the Kidneys it reads: Describe how a healthy kidney produces urine. I know everything but I can never remember the kidneys. Please help me.
1) Filter the blood (Urea, glucose, water, minerals and ions)
2) Reabsorbs ALL the glucose originally filtered out the blood.
3) Reabsorbs the water required to maintain constant water level.
4) Reabsorbs the minerals and ions required to maintain a constant level.
(This is all called selective reabsorption)
5) All excess minerals and ions (molecules which have not been selectively reabsorbed) as well as urea forms urine which passes down into the bladder.