Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have feelings for someone older than me but it's complicated Watch

Last Summer I met a woman who is 9 years older than me and has a kid and we immediately hit it off and both admitted that we have a connection when we talk. At the time she was married and I quickly realised that I really like her. Anyway at Christmas her and her husband seperated and I was kind of there as a shoulder to cry on and I noticed that the way she talked to me changed, she was getting flirty and giving me compliments about the way I look.

Anyway in the past few months we haven't spoken as much do to us both being really busy but when we have spoken she's said she's missed talking to me.

What should I do? Should I tell her that I like her? I'm scared that if I do I'll push her away.

ReputationRep:
    It's hard to comment on this form the outside looking in. I understand you're very wary. I would remember that she separated from her husband 4 -5 months ago so why don't you gradually start talking to her again, meet for a coffee and build up from there. That way you have time to gauge where her head is at and then you could tell her how you're feeling??

ReputationRep:
    bend her down and destroy her anal cavity

(Original post by lozzap1223)
    It's hard to comment on this form the outside looking in. I understand you're very wary. I would remember that she separated from her husband 4 -5 months ago so why don't you gradually start talking to her again, meet for a coffee and build up from there. That way you have time to gauge where her head is at and then you could tell her how you're feeling??
    It's hard for us to meet up at the moment as we are both so busy, obviously I am taking into account that she is recently separated and has a kid so I don't want to tell her how I feel but I do get an impression sometimes that she might like me. I will try to talk to her more and more and see what happens but there is also a part of me that keeps thinking what will people think of me if I start dating someone who is 9 years older than me and has a kid.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, could you text her and make a plan to meet up. I can tell you any girl loves it when a guy puts in any effort to meet up. You'll be able to arrange something when you're both free. I think it will take some time and if you're getting the impression the feelings are mutual go with your gut, its usually right. It's a waiting game... and as for other people, who cares what they think? If you are happy then who's to tell you otherwise.

Can anyone else offer an advice for me about this? I am torn between what I should do.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 7, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.