infi07
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Any advice on how to revise and what to focus my revision on? There is quite a lot of content and I don't know what kind of questions are normally asked - any tips on how and where to start?
zoe2002
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by za07)
Any advice on how to revise and what to focus my revision on? There is quite a lot of content and I don't know what kind of questions are normally asked - any tips on how and where to start?
look at the specification for geography for more information reply back just tell me cause im taking the new gcses
flippantri
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Make notes? I have a textbook and made notes from it, and covered all of my topics, now I'm going to memorise it.
infi07
Rep:
?
(Original post by flippantri)
Make notes? I have a textbook and made notes from it, and covered all of my topics, now I'm going to memorise it.
fairynuf
HazeleyedDreamer
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by za07)
Make sure you make notes, know case studies and know it inside out. Go through loads of past papers too
romansholiday
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by za07)
Finally someone doing the same course as me! I absolutely hate this course, the revision guide is awful, and all the case studies are mixed up.

I've basically finished my flashcards for Geog but I still need to memorise them..
ukila
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
For Geography, it would be really useful to you if you went on the Edexcel/Pearson website and printed out the specification for all the topics in Unit 1 and Unit 2, then from there you should work methodically to make sure you understand what you need to know, tick it off if need be and make the appropriate notes. Once you have done this you should focus on the case studies, they are one of the most important things and will come up in every unit, make sure you know them so well that you can do exam questions based on them easily.
infi07
Rep:
?
(Original post by ukila)
For Geography, it would be really useful to you if you went on the Edexcel/Pearson website and printed out the specification for all the topics in Unit 1 and Unit 2, then from there you should work methodically to make sure you understand what you need to know, tick it off if need be and make the appropriate notes. Once you have done this you should focus on the case studies, they are one of the most important things and will come up in every unit, make sure you know them so well that you can do exam questions based on them easily.
Thanks that sounds like a pretty straight forward method that i can stick to.
rayestar
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I make flash cards that summarise each case studies
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (146)
4.87%
Uncertainty around my education (442)
14.76%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (337)
11.25%
Lack of purpose or motivation (418)
13.96%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (139)
4.64%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (180)
6.01%
Loneliness (257)
8.58%
Financial worries (109)
3.64%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (122)
4.07%
Exposure to negative news/social media (135)
4.51%
Lack of real life entertainment (162)
5.41%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (265)
8.85%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (283)
9.45%

Watched Threads