>>Train to Florence
    Florence (2 nights)
    >>Train to Nice
    Nice (2 nights)
    >>Train to Barcelona
    Barcelona (3 nights)
    >>Train to Paris
    Paris (2 nights)

going alone so if anyone's on the same route give me a shout!

ReputationRep:
    Wow! I'm impressed with your plans and the fact you have decided to travel alone. Many people don't feel comfy doing that although I don't understand why tbh, it has freedom and creates the opportunity to meet new people.
    Your schedule looks good but is it set in stone (ie all accommodation booked) or flexible if for example you like a particular place and want to stay there an extra day or two?

ReputationRep:
    Wow! That's really busy! I was wondering if there's any flexibility? I went interrailing last year and it's really hard to visit lots of places in a short space as you get tired after a few days.So you may want to cut out a couple of places? Have you got the interrail app? It has all the train times in one place which is quite useful! Have you looked at how long the trains take as well as they take longer than you would think! Also in some places, especially France, you need to reserve train seats. In italy you have to have a seat reservation as well which costs 10 euros which increases the price significantly as it all adds up! Hope that helps even a bit!

ReputationRep:
    I'm dying to go inter-railing and I've considered doing it solo, for 3 weeks. But I'm not sure I could do it on my own! Best of luck with your travels and let us know how it is travelling on your own! Enjoy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drez999)
    Wow! I'm impressed with your plans and the fact you have decided to travel alone. Many people don't feel comfy doing that although I don't understand why tbh, it has freedom and creates the opportunity to meet new people.
    Your schedule looks good but is it set in stone (ie all accommodation booked) or flexible if for example you like a particular place and want to stay there an extra day or two?

Hi buddy

Yea everything is set in stone and accomondation and trains are pre booked! Just decided to just go for it and see as much as i can, i can imagine its tiring but as the old saying goes "sleep when your dead"

3 weeks tomarrow so looking forward to it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozzap1223)
    I'm dying to go inter-railing and I've considered doing it solo, for 3 weeks. But I'm not sure I could do it on my own! Best of luck with your travels and let us know how it is travelling on your own! Enjoy
    Just have a moment of madness and book it! Worked so far for me only 3 weeks left to go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fuscotime23)
    Just have a moment of madness and book it! Worked so far for me only 3 weeks left to go
    Did it on my own two years ago - doing it on my own again this year to finish off the places I didn't see. You'll have the time of your life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mushpantsbc)
    Did it on my own two years ago - doing it on my own again this year to finish off the places I didn't see. You'll have the time of your life
    How long did you travel for? I think if you're a confident traveller it makes things easier but then again you're as confident as you make yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozzap1223)
    How long did you travel for? I think if you're a confident traveller it makes things easier but then again you're as confident as you make yourself.
    About 5 weeks in total - doing just 15 nights this time early June. I'd recommend it! You'll be surprised how many people you meet - hostels, walking tours, bar crawls, just throw yourself at it and you'll meet people.

ReputationRep:
    My GCSEs start on 3rd may ffs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mushpantsbc)
    About 5 weeks in total - doing just 15 nights this time early June. I'd recommend it! You'll be surprised how many people you meet - hostels, walking tours, bar crawls, just throw yourself at it and you'll meet people.
    Ah you're right, very very tempted!!!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.